Rick

"~Roy~" wrote in message

FWIW, Wal Mart had laser levels priced at $24.95 before christmas, and
after christmas they went down to 14.95 and then to 10.95..........and
now they are listred in the clearance sectin at $3.00 a piece. I
picked up one for the hell of it, not expecting much, and its claim to
be able to throw a beam 120 feet +........well I knew darn well it
would not be able to be seen during daylight hours, but my intent was
to take it apart to make a l;aser sight for my shotgun with it.......I
was totally amazed when I was able to throw a beam over my 1 acre pond
(200+ feet) in broad daylight...........I sighted it from my spillway
to my pump box approx 110 feet just to check water height to bottom of
box....Works fine....comes with 2 spirt levels in an extruded aluminum
tube, with a lifetime warranty. I have since bought 6 more, and turned
two into laser sights for my shotguns. OAL is 16 or 18 inches,
lifetime warranty made by Johnson Tools in Tennesee, (but its actually
made in China IIRC) Hard to beat for three bucks

And great fun to illuminate someone's tail lights on the next block at night
with one!!!

~Roy~

Well I my self do not really need a laser sign on a shotgun during
daylight hours.....but at night or in low light conditions its hard
to beat......just getting the red dot close is usually sufficient to
get what your shooting at, and its invaluable for the typical
nocturnal predators around here........oppossums, coons, coyote, etc
etc.

..On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:53:43 +0800, OldNick
wrote:

===On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:54:15 GMT, (~Roy~) vaguely
===proposed a theory
===......and in reply I say!:
===
=== remove ns from my header address to reply via email
===
===hmmmm. Were you sighting through a scope?
===
===I think there's a laser class issue here. In Oz, we are only allowed
===cl II lasers, for consumer stuff, and they are pretty weak. Less than
===1mW, and really only good for 15-20' in light. You can't see them them
===from the laser position, and you are fighting to see them by walking
===across to the target.
===
===Even the pro ones suggest using a sensor for longer distances.
===
===
===
[...]
===On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:37:20 +0800, OldNick
wrote:
===
======On 14 Mar 2005 05:20:14 -0800, "Bugs" vaguely
======proposed a theory
======......and in reply I say!:
======
====== remove ns from my header address to reply via email
======
======Yes, the bubble/s are probably not adjustable. Someone bought me one of
======the 'cheapies' and it's pretty primitive but the laser can be seen over
======a hundred feet.
======
======Well it has to different from what I have seen, if you can see the
======beam on a target at 100', on a bright day.
===
===
===Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!

Best way to level lot for pole barn [email protected] Home Repair 20 March 14th 05 12:40 PM
level mystery Silvan Woodworking 37 January 31st 05 12:55 AM
Dimming Lights in Barn (underground wire) Charles Home Repair 3 January 16th 04 05:04 PM
Laser level??? Sorta........ Tom Metalworking 9 December 30th 03 10:19 AM
Grounding for electric service to new barn Bruce Home Repair 1 November 4th 03 02:26 AM