Gunner

Default OmniTurn on Ebay

Ive no association with this particular machine or its owner.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)
Karl Townsend

Ive no association with this particular machine or its owner.

WOW, big bucks. That's a Hardinge lathe underneath? Or does Omniturn make
the entire thing? Looks like way more than just a retrofit. I hadn't paid
any attention, I thought Omniturn was a retrofit control.

Karl

Gunner

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:24:09 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

Ive no association with this particular machine or its owner.

WOW, big bucks. That's a Hardinge lathe underneath? Or does Omniturn make
the entire thing? Looks like way more than just a retrofit. I hadn't paid
any attention, I thought Omniturn was a retrofit control.

Karl

Geeze...where you been all these years Karl?
www.omniturn.com
www.omni-turn.com

They make the whole thing. They do make a kit to retrofit many manual
machines, most notably Hardinge...but will also do Monarch etc etc.

That particular machine is called the GT-Jr. It has the same running
gear, headstock, spindle, ways, servos etc as the bigger GTs..but was
designed to be portable on a pallet jack. Need a second ops machine at
the end of a Acme Gridly or other turning machine cell? Stick a
pallet jack under it and move it to where you need it. This
particular machine is extremely popular with plastic shops as there
are few guards to get in the way. Very open architecture and yet still
is capable of using coolants or high speed chip removal.

Its quite popular even as a primary ops machine, and there are a
****load of them doing medical parts (for example) in guys garages all
over the US. Minimal footprint, no need for fancy foundations
leveling, power..will run on 208 single phase...
Has a 5C spindlenose with 4' camlock taper so you can swing up to a 5"
chuck on it. Pretty damned accurate machine and at 5000 rpm at
5hp...beefy enough to make good SS chips. Lots of inconel being cut
on these machines.

Thats a fair price he is asking for it, being low time and turnkey
tooled.

Think thats expensive? Wanna buy a plain jane Mor Seki?

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)
Paul T.

Wow, another US machine tool manufacturer I didn't know about that seems to
be alive and well, that's a good way to start a Monday morning.

Paul T.

Gunner

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:33:16 GMT, "Paul T."
wrote:

Wow, another US machine tool manufacturer I didn't know about that seems to
be alive and well, that's a good way to start a Monday morning.

Paul T.

Ayup..been around for a number of years too. Started out in Camarillo
California, then built a nice facility up in Port Orford Oregon. Most
everyone in the plant is a hunter, or fisherman. Lots of good elk
hunting in the area, and the fishing is right nice. Rifle racks are
deregure in the pickups in the parking lot. Often filled too.

Made by Good Ol Boys.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Proctologically Violated©®

Gunner,

Off hand do you know the weight diff. between Jr. and Sr?
Is there anything Sr. can do that Jr. can't?
Flat bed machines or slant?

Pallet jack, eh?? That's perty neat. I don't think the web site mentions
this.
Been to Omni's web site--kinda spartan; needs more pitchers, views of the
inside, dimensions, etc. Unless I just missed alladat...

I know a guy who's looking at GT Sr. and the new Haas "Office Lathe".
Anything he should know?

With all these rifle-toting meat-eaters runnin Omniturns, mebbe they could
set it for a nice big-assed slow thread and use it as a rotisserie, in
between setups'n'****...
I think soluble oil can be used for basting, iffin there's not too much
rust-inhibitor in it.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

[...]

Karl Townsend

Thats a fair price he is asking for it, being low time and turnkey
tooled.

Think thats expensive? Wanna buy a plain jane Mor Seki?

.... I'm sure its a fair price, that's just not the place in the food chain
I feed on. I'm down there with the bottom feeders and scrounges. I've heard
there's a really good one in California VBG

Karl

Gunner

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:45:50 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Gunner,

Off hand do you know the weight diff. between Jr. and Sr?
Is there anything Sr. can do that Jr. can't?

Nope..while one is about 800 or so pounds lighter...they are just
about as equally capable. The fullsized machine being completly
enclosed makes for a better machine for high pressure coolant,
graphite and whatnot.
Flat bed machines or slant?

Both are slant beds The only real difference between them is the size
of the foundation machine under the big assed foundation block the
actual lathe, ways, headstock and whatnot are mounted on.

try www.omni-turn.com for one of the distributors sites. Im proud of
a lot of it G

Pallet jack, eh?? That's perty neat. I don't think the web site mentions
this.
Been to Omni's web site--kinda spartan; needs more pitchers, views of the
inside, dimensions, etc. Unless I just missed alladat...

Want a video tape, propaganda materials and all that? Let me know and
Ill make sure you get a package. Just make sure Im listed as salesman
if you buy one. A commission right now would be a very good thing.
Need some dental work...sigh....

I know a guy who's looking at GT Sr. and the new Haas "Office Lathe".
Anything he should know?

I know almost nothing about the Haas, so I cannot speak one way or
another. Im sure I can find a couple customers who have em though for
opinions. Shrug

Im first and formost a tech, not a sales geek. So Im not good at
anything except telling the truth about the goods and bads when it
comes to sales.

Lets put it this way...I hooked my lik red wagon to OmniTurn 8-9 yrs
ago..stayed with em even during the ****ty times...times when others
offered to take me on (companies no longer in existance).....and Im
still riding for the brand. So it means I think highly of them.

Gunner

With all these rifle-toting meat-eaters runnin Omniturns, mebbe they could
set it for a nice big-assed slow thread and use it as a rotisserie, in
between setups'n'****...
I think soluble oil can be used for basting, iffin there's not too much
rust-inhibitor in it.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
.. .

[...]

Gunner

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:11:41 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

Thats a fair price he is asking for it, being low time and turnkey
tooled.

Think thats expensive? Wanna buy a plain jane Mor Seki?

... I'm sure its a fair price, that's just not the place in the food chain
I feed on. I'm down there with the bottom feeders and scrounges. I've heard
there's a really good one in California VBG

Karl

welll.....I probably can find you an SL1 for a grand or so..but its
gonna need some work....