Default Metric Bolt Sources

Anyone have any links to a comprehensive supplier for metric bolts ?
Often I have the need for the oddball, fine thread sizes that Mcmaster
and MSC do not have.

Any input is certainly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris L

Brian Lawson

Hey Chris,

Try Spaenaur in Kitchener, Ontario. They ship worldwide.

http://www.spaenaur.com

In the little search box, type in Metric Bolts, and select from the
huge list of catalogue page items.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 15 Feb 2005 07:14:19 -0800, wrote:

Anyone have any links to a comprehensive supplier for metric bolts ?
Often I have the need for the oddball, fine thread sizes that Mcmaster
and MSC do not have.

Any input is certainly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris L

Thanks to all so far...

The Spaenaur link I have not been able to get to (I find them in a
google search, but can not connect to them)

I must have searched 25 sites just now, including the ones referred to.
Unfortunately, I chose one bolt I need, a 12mm with a 1.5 pitch x 85mm
long (grade 10,9).

It's like pulling teeth ! Nothing.... Nobody has 12mm with 1.5 pitch.
12mm bolts can have 3 different pitches, but all I ever see listed is
the coarse thread stuff.

A lot of the local body shops go to places like Fastenal. It seems they
sure can get any bolt for those guys, but often they want $3.00 to
$6.00 Each ! I am looking for small Quantities, likely 100 at a crack.
Also need to find those same rare pitches in "washered head" bolts and
integrated washer nuts.

I was hoping to find someone as quick and diligent as Mcmaster or
MSC.....

Thanks so far fella's.... I'll keep looking !

Chris L

Brian Lawson

Hey again Chris,

Well, http://www.spaenaur.com/ works OK from here. Anyway, it's
hard to read what they have on-line. And I can't find my catalog.
So, give them a phone call direct, and ask, and if they don't have it,
ask to recommend a source. Also, request a catalog while you're at
it.

1-800-265-8772
Fax 1-519-744-0818

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 15 Feb 2005 12:14:44 -0800, wrote:

Thanks to all so far...

The Spaenaur link I have not been able to get to (I find them in a
google search, but can not connect to them)

I must have searched 25 sites just now, including the ones referred to.
Unfortunately, I chose one bolt I need, a 12mm with a 1.5 pitch x 85mm
long (grade 10,9).

It's like pulling teeth ! Nothing.... Nobody has 12mm with 1.5 pitch.
12mm bolts can have 3 different pitches, but all I ever see listed is
the coarse thread stuff.

I googled some more and found a working link. Looks like they might
have what I am looking for. Your right about the online aspect......
Its no Mcmaster Carr !

I ordered a catalog, and will be calling them.

Thanks,
Chris L

Yep, Got them on the hook too...... Catalog requested. I am not ready
to call them for just this one example.... I need a LOT of wierd stuff,
and the one who has the most of it will be my first direction.

Thanks,

Chris L

"Only for wheel studs and nuts"
Appearently, no one told this to the german car manufacturers.... They
use everything BUT standard, common sense, and or Normals G

Interesting information though. In my looking around, it almost seems
that the availability of the finer threads automatically means a lower
tensile rating. Not always the case, and again I am speaking of what is
on the shelf and available, not what can be made.

Beyond the typical bolt or nut, I am also searching out things like
flanged head bolts and nuts, Flanged head nylon locking nuts and also
flanged head "Stover" type locking nuts, all in the not so common
threads. It will be interesting to see some of these catalogs, and then
what some of the costs to "manufacture" will be for the things I can't
find on the shelf.

Thanks to all who contributed,

Chris L

steamer

--1-800-SB-BOLTS
--Just a happy customer.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I want to return to
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the time before time...