Quigs

Default Metric Doors and Cat flaps

Here's an odd one for you.

Being new to the self build game when I ordered a frame for for the
back door - just ordered a metric weatherstripped frame from Jeld-Wen
a FNS. The operative word here is METRIC, so the frame only accepts a
2000 x 807 door. I know now that the Imperial frame route would have
opened up a world of possibilities ;-)

Apart from the f&*king expensive Jeld-Wen catalogue no-one else seems
to do metric doors.... Anybody got any suggestions?

Also this mythical door is going to need to have a cat flap installed
- I'm quite capable of doing this myself - but one pre-installed would
save a job.

However the concern I have is that a door that has a panel in, so that
it is capable of having a cat flap put in, is surely a security risk.
I don't mean that the catflap itself is a security risk - just need to
remove the keys from the door to get round that one. My concern is
more that a panel at the bottom of the door surely can be just kicked
in by a burgling scumbag.

Anyone think of a solution to my metric, cat related security
problem?!

[Getting rid of the cat is not a valid solution.....!]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gary Quigley
See my build at http://www.wilcotclose.co.uk
James Hart

Quigs wrote:
[...]

Is your cat metric? i don't think an imperial cat will fit through a metric
catflap, it'll either be a lose fit in the hole (which would be OK I
suppose) or else it'll bind.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

John Rumm

Quigs wrote:

Apart from the f&*king expensive Jeld-Wen catalogue no-one else seems
to do metric doors.... Anybody got any suggestions?

Buy a 6'8" x insert next standard imperial size up from 30" here door
and cut/plane it down to fit.

[Getting rid of the cat is not a valid solution.....!]

Have it stuffed then.

--
Cheers,

John.

Quigs

John Rumm wrote in message ...
Quigs wrote:

Apart from the f&*king expensive Jeld-Wen catalogue no-one else seems
to do metric doors.... Anybody got any suggestions?

Buy a 6'8" x insert next standard imperial size up from 30" here door
and cut/plane it down to fit.
[Getting rid of the cat is not a valid solution.....!]

Have it stuffed then.

Ok let's forget the metric issue then as I have considered the
cut/plane route, and am not scared of taking that route - are doors
with a panel at the bottom considered a bad security risk or is there
a better security route - given that I've got to stuff a flap in for
my metric cat ...... ;-)