Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Flash

Default oxy acet kits

i stopped by the local welding store and they quoted me what looks like
list price for the following items :

1) Harris "victor compatible" kit
$470 includes 55 cu. ft. oxy and 35 cu ft. acet
add $35 for cart. Exchange both bottles for $30.

2) Victor kits $630 for the Journeyman. plus (lg. bottles) $185 for
acet, $228 for oxy, $80 for a cart. $40 to exchange both bottles.

It's been many years since I've done any brazing or welding and my first
project will be some light work on some custom tools and parts of a
motorcycle exhaust system.

Later I plan on working on some mild steel "wrought iron" work around my
property that has been kind of beat up over the years. Longer term I
will be doing more work on motorcycle exhausts and a few more custom
tools and equipment...nothing big. This is mostly hobby stuff.

Has anyone bought this type of equipment lately and how much of a
discount did you get/expect ?

Are the victor kits that superior to the Harris or is it a name brand
thing ? Are the victor regulators of vastly higher quality, for example ?

thanks for any comments or suggestions.

---
John