Don Foreman

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:45:26 GMT, Flash
wrote:

Has anyone bought this type of equipment lately and how much of a
discount did you get/expect ?

In the Twin Cities area, most dealers have a fall sale that ends 31
December. Some dealers also have a spring sale that probably starts
about April. Sometimes you can get the most recent sale price if you
ask for it and are spending a few bux -- as you are with torch set,
bottles and gas. When I got my MIG I asked if I'd have to wait for
the next sale, or could I take one home that day. The guy dug out
the most recent sale brochure, said he was pretty sure he could do
that but he'd have to clear it with the boss who'd left for the day.

I picked it up the next day. I think the discount was about 10%.