Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Karl Vorwerk

Default Peltier cooler

Anyone know anything about Peltier coolers. A friend of mine wants to cool
12"x15"x30" glass vivarium a maximum of 20-30 degrees farienhieght below
ambient temperature. It's long term for a salamander. A friend of hers got
her a surplus Peltier cooler. Which I installed. It didn't drop the
temperature very much inside the vivarium. After doing some research I don't
think it's powerful enough. As far as I know she doesn't have any specs on
it.
So the questions a
Is this a good way of cooling in this situation? Got any better suggestions?
Would house insulation sheet foam on 5 sides make an appreciable difference?
My first suggestion was air-condition the room but she doesn't like
air-conditioning. I'm in Hawaii so ambient temperatures are 59-90
farienhieght.
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Karl