Grady

Just wondering, what kind of temps your getting and what cpu and is it
overclocked? I am watercooling, and enjoy it so much more over air. Easy 16
degrees C cooler, and a whole lot quieter. Are you still using air to move
the heat off the sink on the warm side of the pelt?

"Todd Rich" wrote in message
Karl Vorwerk wrote:
Anyone know anything about Peltier coolers. A friend of mine wants to
cool

A little bit, I'm using one to cool my CPU.

12"x15"x30" glass vivarium a maximum of 20-30 degrees farienhieght below
ambient temperature. It's long term for a salamander. A friend of hers
got
her a surplus Peltier cooler. Which I installed. It didn't drop the
temperature very much inside the vivarium. After doing some research I
don't
think it's powerful enough. As far as I know she doesn't have any specs
on
it.

You might try this place for research info: http://www.peltier-info.com/

So the questions a
Is this a good way of cooling in this situation? Got any better
suggestions?

Probably not the best way. Peltiers only cover a limited area, and you
have to come up with some way to remove the waste heat before it leaks
back to the cold side. I'm not sure of a better way. Maybe taking a
mini-fridge and removing the door and attaching it to one sode of the
vivarium?

Would house insulation sheet foam on 5 sides make an appreciable
difference?
My first suggestion was air-condition the room but she doesn't like
air-conditioning. I'm in Hawaii so ambient temperatures are 59-90
farienhieght.
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Karl

Sorry I wasn't much help, but hopefully I pointed you to some good info.
Todd