Martin H. Eastburn

Ok - I fess up - I used a Peltier cooler for my Intel 8080.

It was a 1" square cooling and 1" square heating surface.

Keep in mind that the cold side must contact using heat sink grease (or the like)
to the 'work' and the hot side must have the same thermal resistance or lower.

It is best to have an massive sink on the hot side - just to get it out of there.

If the hot side isn't cooled (by drawing it off) - then the P-N junctions (semi-conductor)
will heat up and conduction halts. Heat can also kill the p-n junctions.

Mine was a 10 or 20 amp unit - that baby would rock.

I used a massive - Hockey Puck SCR heat sink - size of a shoe box - as the hot sink.

Not logical, but then I couldn't get the heat pipes I wanted at the time.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer