Junior Member

Location: McHenry IL
Default Buying a wire EDM

My company is currently looking at buying a new wire EDM for our toolroom here. I have only worked on Charmilles machines before and I found their control system to be bulky and difficult to navigate. Granted that was on models that are now 4-5 years old, but I have seen the new machines and have no budget to spend $125,000. Anyone have any advice or recommendations on different obscure brands that you may have had some luck with? I can spend at most $80,000 total. Thanks.
steamer

--Hansvedt maybe? Give me a jingle when you get one; I've got an
injection molding cavity I need made for a whatchacallit I invented years

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Yet another genius
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : without a job...