Peter Kiproff

Default HOLKE F-10-V SPINDEL LUBE

I recently acquired this mill & when I changed the motor from 3 phase and
finally got it running, there was
allot of noise from the idler pulley, so I pulled it apart the two bearings
where a bit rough so I'm replacing them of course also the belts, so while
I'm there I took the spindle out, and there is lots of grease in these
bearings, but there are oil cups & a wick at the top so I assume I need to
oil this!
Is there supposed to be grease in there @ all ? and what would be the
correct lube for the spindle bearings? do I grease it & oil it? the spindle
chart goes up to 2725 rpm

Thanks for your help
Peter

Martin H. Eastburn

Peter Kiproff wrote:

I recently acquired this mill & when I changed the motor from 3 phase and
finally got it running, there was
allot of noise from the idler pulley, so I pulled it apart the two bearings
where a bit rough so I'm replacing them of course also the belts, so while
I'm there I took the spindle out, and there is lots of grease in these
bearings, but there are oil cups & a wick at the top so I assume I need to
oil this!
Is there supposed to be grease in there @ all ? and what would be the
correct lube for the spindle bearings? do I grease it & oil it? the spindle
chart goes up to 2725 rpm

Thanks for your help
Peter

Many companies and people use grease in 'oil cups' - do the lids flip open ?
or do they screw on ?

My wood lathe has screw on lids and one fills the cup and screw down, fill again
and screw. Finally one sees grease come from the edges - so it is now full.

Be cautious if you don't know - it might be heavy or medium oil...

Can you say what type of mill it is - maybe someone really knows that one.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Yet another possible TS gear lube hylourgos Woodworking 2 January 17th 05 12:49 PM
Unisaw lube? David Woodworking 14 January 9th 05 04:43 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Repair 11 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
stuck windows - looking for non-smelly silicone lube Veggie Home Ownership 9 August 31st 04 11:09 PM
Bridgeport Quill Lube James P Crombie Metalworking 1 October 9th 03 12:10 AM