hylourgos

Default Yet another possible TS gear lube

Saw some of the earlier posts and thought of yet another possible lube
for the gears of TSs. The best one I saw in that thread was paste wax
with dry graphite mixed in.

I ran across a lubricant for pulling electrical wires, called,
surprisingly, "Wire-pulling Lubricant". There are various types, the
one I got is wax based. I guess you could still add some dry graphite
if you wanted.

Anyone have experience with this lube or think it might work well? It's
cheap (about $6 per quart), and seems ideal for the application.

H.

Jay Pique

On 16 Jan 2005 17:32:28 -0800, "hylourgos" wrote:

Saw some of the earlier posts and thought of yet another possible lube
for the gears of TSs. The best one I saw in that thread was paste wax
with dry graphite mixed in.

I ran across a lubricant for pulling electrical wires, called,
surprisingly, "Wire-pulling Lubricant". There are various types, the
one I got is wax based. I guess you could still add some dry graphite
if you wanted.

Anyone have experience with this lube or think it might work well? It's
cheap (about $6 per quart), and seems ideal for the application.

Boy, I could've used some of the wire-pulling lubricant last week. I
had to hand pull a 200ft. electrical run through what felt like a
kinked conduit. Near the end I could just barely make a foot at a
time, pulling with all of my might. Sparky was using dish soap at the
other end. I think that guy needs the right tool for the job -
because I ain't it.

JP
George

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Boy, I could've used some of the wire-pulling lubricant last week. I
had to hand pull a 200ft. electrical run through what felt like a
kinked conduit. Near the end I could just barely make a foot at a
time, pulling with all of my might. Sparky was using dish soap at the
other end. I think that guy needs the right tool for the job -
because I ain't it.

JP

Especially since "dish soap" isn't. Might want to try some soap versus
detergent!

SWMBO wanted an electric stove, so when we moved in we had to run #6.
Short run of ~35 feet, but the basement layout required two 30 degree turns.
Pilot generally referred to as "Sasquatch" was helping me. He grabbed the
last foot and a half and hauled through 30 feet of floor joists so fast the
insulation smoked.

He was also the one who carried our washer up the stairs out of base housing
by opening the lid and lifting by the drum.