Gunner

Default Neil Knox passes

http://www.gunownersalliance.com/Knox-Obituary.htm

- From the Desk of Neal Knox

The Firearms Coalition
PO Box 3313
Manassas, VA 20108

Written on 05 January 2005 by Neal Knox before his death

Dear Friends,

I’ve always made it a point to deliver the news to you straight - good
or bad. Now I’m afraid I have some unpleasant news. As you’re aware, I
have been fighting colon cancer for the past year. The doctors tell me
that my fight is almost over.

I believe in miracles. I believe in God’s healing power and eternal
life
through Jesus Christ. I know it will take nothing short of a miracle
for
me to win this battle.

Should that miracle be granted, I will rejoice; but I rejoice
nonetheless, for I’ve been blessed with a wonderful life, a great
family, work that I love, and many wonderful friends. Most of all, I
thank God for my long-suffering wife Jay Janen who not only put up
with
me, but has actively supported my efforts for the Second Amendment for
nearly forty-nine years.

It’s been a great run!

I had always assumed that long life was my birthright. My father
passed
away just this past fall at the age of ninety-two.

I counted on the same sort of life-span and was planning accordingly.
We’ve barely settled into that house in the country that I’ve been
promising Jay for so long. I started rebuilding her classic Mustang
convertible and have it in pieces in the basement garage. I’ve laid
out
a 100- yard range next to the house, and was looking forward to having
my dear friend Ken Oehler help me set up a ballistics lab in the
basement.

Time for those projects was budgeted into the next generation of the
Firearms Coalition. The plan was to have sons, Chris and Jeff take
more
prominent roles in the fight, freeing me up to do other things like
shooting and writing books. Jeff moved out here for that purpose over
year ago but my illness sidetracked those plans.

I have long wanted to evolve the Firearms Coalition into a resource
for
grassroots activists and organizations. The goals of the Coalition
would
be to provide activists with the resources, training, and technology
they need to be more effective in the fight.

Now, I hope you will help Jay and the boys as it looks like they will
be
taking on this important task without me.

There will be more details in the weeks and months to come, including
new book that Chris, Jeff and I have been collaborating on. I regret
that I am unlikely to see it in print, but I am confident in their
ability to see it through.

I am thankful for you and the many other friends that have blessed my
life making me a truly wealthy man. There have been disagreements,
even
fights, but the goal of freedom has been a unifying force.

I ask your prayers, both for me and for my family, especially for Jay
who never expected to see me go first.

I urge you to continue the fight. Continue your support of the ongoing
efforts of the Firearms Coalition and keep the grass roots growing.

Thank you for keeping me in the fight for all these years.

As always: Yours for the Second Amendment,

Neal

- From Jay Janen Knox (Neal Knox's wife):

Neal passed away early this morning, January 17, 2005. He was
surrounded
by our children and his brothers and went quickly without pain.

A memorial service has been scheduled for Thursday, January 20, 2005
at
the Manassas Church of Christ, 8110 Signal Hill Road in Manassas,
Virginia.
The service will begin at 10:30 AM with a luncheon to follow.

It was Neal’s wish that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the
Firearms Coalition or to Rainbow Children’s Home in Gainesville, VA.

Firearms Coalition
P.O. Box 3313
Manassas, VA 20108

Rainbow Christian Services
6004 Artemus Rd.
Gainesville, VA

Neal’s condition deteriorated so rapidly that there wasn’t time to get
the letter above out before his death. He very much wanted to let his
friends and supporters know what was going on. We will post more
information on the web site, http://www.NealKnox.com

I can’t tell you how much Neal has loved the difficult work to which
he
dedicated his life. It has cost us much while at the same time being
extremely rewarding in so many ways. The greatest reward has been the
love and friendship that we have found along the way.

You’re an important part of that.

Thank you so much,

Jay Janen Knox

Obituary: http://www.nealknox.com/Obituary.html
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Russ

So long brother. I'll say a prayer for your family.

Colon cancer took one of my best friends five years ago and the best
boss I ever had is dying from it right now. I go in for a proctoscopy
next Friday. Friends, get checked and do it soon. A few hours of
indignity is worth it to save yourself and your family the pain and
loss.

Russ

Old Milwaukee Passes the Test (Don't Try This at Home) DonkeyHody Woodworking 4 November 29th 04 11:57 PM
RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93 Woodchuck Bill Woodworking 33 October 29th 04 04:39 AM
UPDATE - Soft wreck vote might be voided (was RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93) Woodchuck Bill Woodworking 3 October 26th 04 06:21 AM