Clark

Default ?RC hardness of steel vs yield strength?

I have been searching for a cross reference on line, but have found
none.
I just got a 1968 Borg Warner PESCO Handybook that has such a chart
"inexact and only for steel"

RC 20 ... 108 ksi
RC 60 ... 314 ksi

I am principally interested in gun design.
Anyone know anything?
TIA

--
Be careful what you pray for, it can happen.

Ned Simmons

In article 1105907806.045666.222910
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
says...
I have been searching for a cross reference on line, but have found
none.
I just got a 1968 Borg Warner PESCO Handybook that has such a chart
"inexact and only for steel"

Here's a couple(hardness vs. *tensile*)..

http://www.principalmetals.com/utilities/hardness.htm

http://www.engineersedge.com/hardness_conversion.htm

Searching the string

"hardness conversion" rockwell yield

or

"hardness conversion" rockwell tensile

in google turns up plenty of promising links.

Ned Simmons