Default quick disconnect hydraulic fitting

Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

Joa

williamhenry

you want flat face zero drip couplings , high dollar

Blueskies

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
Go to Parker Hannifin and look there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

Joa

All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected, even the 'zero leakage' ones....

C.D.Damron

"Blueskies" wrote in message
om...
All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected,

even the 'zero leakage' ones....

Yes, you would have to have multiple valves to be truly zero-leakage. Are
there such animals? Can somebody suggest a simpler setup than the setup I'm
thinking about? I would think that you would lose a bit of fluid while
bleeding, but avoid introducing air.

line-----shut-off/bleed valve------connector end--| |--connector
end-----shut-off/bleed valve-----line

Drew Dalgleish

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:45:04 GMT, "C.D.Damron"
wrote:

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...
All of them that I know of will introduce a little air when reconnected,

even the 'zero leakage' ones....

Yes, you would have to have multiple valves to be truly zero-leakage. Are
there such animals? Can somebody suggest a simpler setup than the setup I'm
thinking about? I would think that you would lose a bit of fluid while
bleeding, but avoid introducing air.

If you install the fittings so the female one points up you could fill
it with oil before connecting then join them without getting any air
into the system. My question is why do you need this.
Bogone

Boeing 747 quick change brake calipers?

C.D.Damron

If you install the fittings so the female one points up you could fill
it with oil before connecting then join them without getting any air
into the system. My question is why do you need this.

How would you disconnect pressurized line?

If you can deal with a little bit of air, there are a number of options.