Stephen

Default Wiring for A/C - Quick Disconnect

I am installing a mini-split a/c system with multiple indoor units off a
single outdoor unit.
The instructions provided with the units are somewhat grammatically
challenging, and I am unable to make sense of the wiring requirements,
beyond that the indoor units are supplied from the outdoor unit, which is
provided from a 60 amp 230v circuit breaker.
Where does the QD come in the wiring? In the 230v line to the outdoor unit,
or on the returns to the indoor units?
Thanks in advance,
Stephen

BGBevill

I am installing a mini-split a/c system with multiple indoor units off a
single outdoor unit.
The instructions provided with the units are somewhat grammatically
challenging, and I am unable to make sense of the wiring requirements,
beyond that the indoor units are supplied from the outdoor unit, which is
provided from a 60 amp 230v circuit breaker.
Where does the QD come in the wiring? In the 230v line to the outdoor unit,
or on the returns to the indoor units?
Thanks in advance,
Stephen

We put disconnects in both places. One at the outdoor unit, and a wall switch
at each indoor unit.

Bobby
Stephen

Thanks Bobby.
The wall switch is a good idea.
I'm still not quite clear on the exact wiring, though. I presume it should
be 230v from the breaker through the QD to the outdoor unit. Then separate a
110v line directly from the outdoor unit to each of the indoor units (via
the respective wall switches). Is this correct?
I'd like to get this right first time.
Thanks,
Stephen