Ted Walker / Strategic Industries

Default how to use 1" x 48" round plate - ideas?

Help you all! Scavenged 1" thick by 48' round steel plate and trying to
figure out what to use it for. Has angled edge, small hole near edge
(thankfully to help lift it) and rusty. Visualize giant, homemade manhole
cover.

Thinking about adding pipe legs to use it as welding or project table. If
so what height? Have seen past threads on holding jigs, etc. Anybody got
any creative suggestions, other than transferring ownership???

--
Ted Walker
" Jack of all trades, master of none" - but having fun working on it!

Phants

"Ted Walker / Strategic Industries" wrote in message
Help you all! Scavenged 1" thick by 48' round steel plate and trying

figure out what to use it for. Has angled edge, small hole near edge
(thankfully to help lift it) and rusty. Visualize giant, homemade

manhole
cover.

Thinking about adding pipe legs to use it as welding or project table.

If
so what height? Have seen past threads on holding jigs, etc.

Anybody got
any creative suggestions, other than transferring ownership???
--
Ted Walker
" Jack of all trades, master of none" - but having fun working on it!

That's a pretty heavy plate to put up on pipes for a work table. That
would work but you better put more than four legs under it; you could
loose a foot it that thing tipped over.

The only thing I can think of off hand is to put the right kind of
hinges on it and use it for a door on a diver's decompression pressure
chamber.

Maybe a poured, 4-layer horizontal and vertical rebar reinforced
concrete vault, with that as a door - with a combination lock mounted in
the middle and expansion bars on the inside....
;-}
JHbs

Leo Lichtman

"DoN. Nichols" wrote: (clip) Or, perhaps as a turntable in your driveway
(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was about to make an offer on it, until I realized that my driveway is not
48' wide.

Gunner

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 23:36:02 GMT, "Ted Walker / Strategic Industries"
wrote:

Help you all! Scavenged 1" thick by 48' round steel plate and trying to
figure out what to use it for. Has angled edge, small hole near edge
(thankfully to help lift it) and rusty. Visualize giant, homemade manhole
cover.

Thinking about adding pipe legs to use it as welding or project table. If
so what height? Have seen past threads on holding jigs, etc. Anybody got
any creative suggestions, other than transferring ownership???

I have one about 3' in diamter on legs. Makes a good welding table. It
orginally had a couple automatic drill heads on it.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
Joshua Putnam

Do you like pizza?

Do you have a surplus marble or granite slab handy?

For amusement some years ago, my brother made me a tortilla press on
steroids that will take a softball-sized ball of dough and press out a
perfect pizza crust instantly. Just close it and stand on it.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

In , on 01/06/05
at 03:17 PM, "Ted Walker / Strategic Industries"
said:

Would make a wonderful steel target for 1000 yd shooting, just paint a
picture of a politician on it

How about a couple of manacles for a real politician? Can I have first
nomination?
John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales