Default help with freezing cold water damage

Hello...
It might be the wrong list. but, going by the responses to an older
question, i decided to try my luck. My sister drove my 1999 Camry into
a slightly frozen ditch in Minneapolis. Then it was towed to our place.
The front of the car was under water up until the front doors. The
towing guys and the cop said it was junk. I am not aware of all the
inside goings on of a car. I guess, the first step will be draining the
water. In one of the other threads, i read a comment about
autotansmission not working. I wanted to know if this car would be
drivable again. The dealer will be taking a look tomorrow.
thanks in advance...
Sreekanth

j.b. miller

I had a CJ-5 go nose down into a lake once. Yup, a right off 'they say'.
Find out what the buy out is for the 'salvage'.
You can drain all the fluids,flush out the rad,block,tranny,etc. Dry out the
wiring( dis the dash go glug,glug,glug ?),bleach the heater,wiring,etc.
Given a nice warm garage,lots of patience and a week or so, I don't see any
real reason why it can't be back on the road.Mind you I haven't seen it, but
have 'been there,done that'.
hth