nyffeler

Default Clisby: Your opinion

Hi,
I'm looking for a small benchtop lathe and mill

Are Clisby www.clisby.com.au lathe and mill tools or a toys?
I'm aware they are only for very small parts.

Leon Heller

"nyffeler" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm looking for a small benchtop lathe and mill

Are Clisby www.clisby.com.au lathe and mill tools or a toys?
I'm aware they are only for very small parts.

Clisby designed the very popular Sherline range, which is similar, but
bigger. They work very well, so the Clisby tools should be OK. It's also
worth looking at the Taig lathe and mill - not as pretty but more robust.

Leon

Ron Thompson

Hi,
I'm looking for a small benchtop lathe and mill

Are Clisby www.clisby.com.au lathe and mill tools or a toys?
I'm aware they are only for very small parts.

Besides being very small, the Clisby has sleeve bearings. I'm not
saying they aren't adequate to the job, but most people expect better
these days.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
Leon Heller

"Ron Thompson" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm looking for a small benchtop lathe and mill

Are Clisby www.clisby.com.au lathe and mill tools or a toys?
I'm aware they are only for very small parts.

Besides being very small, the Clisby has sleeve bearings. I'm not
saying they aren't adequate to the job, but most people expect better
these days.

I just looked at the web site, and they have ball bearings now in the
headstock.

Leon

steamer

--If you want a good, but small lathe get a Levine. Have deep
pockets...

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Somehow related
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Lumpy Adams...

Charles Morrill

Levins cost upwards of $8,000 new though you'll probably find one used
for a whole lot less. I've played with the Sherline stuff and liked it
a bunch. I'd go that direction if I were going small in my current
downwardly mobile state raising two teenagers... You might want to get
yourself a copy of Joe Martin's book "Tabletop Machining" to whet your
appetite.

Charles Morrill

nyffeler

In article , steamer wrote:
--If you want a good, but small lathe get a Levine. Have deep
pockets...

Thanks!
Where can I find Levine on the net?
Gunner

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:23:06 GMT,
(nyffeler) wrote:

In article , steamer wrote:
--If you want a good, but small lathe get a Levine. Have deep
pockets...

Thanks!
Where can I find Levine on the net?

Works better when its spelled correctly. Levin

http://www.levinlathe.com/menu.htm

Gunner. Who may have a source for about 5 decent used ones, each with
a fair amount of tooling in So. Cal.

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
Gunner

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:14:14 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:23:06 GMT,
(nyffeler) wrote:

In article , steamer wrote:
--If you want a good, but small lathe get a Levine. Have deep
pockets...

Thanks!
Where can I find Levine on the net?

Works better when its spelled correctly. Levin

http://www.levinlathe.com/menu.htm

Btw..when you click on the Products link? Be sitting down, with no
liquids in your mouth, when viewing pricing.....
If you have a weak heart, have a responsible adult in the room with
you.

Gunner. Who may have a source for about 5 decent used ones, each with
a fair amount of tooling in So. Cal.

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
nyffeler

In article , wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:14:14 GMT, Gunner
http://www.levinlathe.com/menu.htm

Btw..when you click on the Products link? Be sitting down, with no
liquids in your mouth, when viewing pricing.....
If you have a weak heart, have a responsible adult in the room with

It would be good for your health to look at this page before asking prices of
a Schaublin http://www.smsa.ch/pl-e.html
It prevents you to get a heart attack.

Gunner

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:36:56 GMT,
(nyffeler) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:14:14 GMT, Gunner
http://www.levinlathe.com/menu.htm

Btw..when you click on the Products link? Be sitting down, with no
liquids in your mouth, when viewing pricing.....
If you have a weak heart, have a responsible adult in the room with

It would be good for your health to look at this page before asking prices of
a Schaublin http://www.smsa.ch/pl-e.html
It prevents you to get a heart attack.

Then I shouldnt have given my 102 away?

Gunner

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Opinion on Old Sears RAS GTANNENB Woodworking 5 October 20th 04 12:36 AM
2nd opinion on plumbing into drains Big Al - The Peoples Pal UK diy 8 February 12th 04 05:38 PM