Glenn Ashmore

They did not say that the trucks were distroyed. Just dropped off at the
wrong bases with no ID which screwed up the paper work. If the bean
counters had this much control over the fighting troops 35 years ago my
supply sargent would have spent most of his life in Levenworth.

The neo-cons nice little war plans have gone to hell in a handbasket and
costing a lot more than anticipated so now they want to screw the troops by
pinching pennys. I wonder if Rumsfeld has the nerve to have one of those
yellow support our troops ribbons on his car.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 13 Dec 2004 06:49:00 -0800, wrote:

But once the reservists were done with the assignment, they should have
sought out the units the vehicles belonged to, he said.
"Instead of taking the trucks back to their rightful owners, the first
thing was erasing the identity marks and dumping them off at bases,"
Wicker said. "They destroyed it. They did the enemy's job. ... Those
trucks could be used for other units."

I think this may be the operative part......

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Gunner

I wonder if it would offset your **** the Troops sticker?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

This again validates the ancient maxim =AB be careful what you wish for
as you might get it. =BB

A continual chant of the conservatives (including myself) was that
government should be run more like business. What I had not counted on
was the change in American business from a high-volume, high value
added, long dollar mindset to denominator management and the
buy-ruin-sell MBA mentality.

Blaming the hourly employees for the failure of ill conceived and
grossly under funded initiatives is unfortunately typical of current
American management, and where there are no more hourly employees to
blame, the educational system can always be held responsible. It is
never the responsibility of the suits.

Who supports our troops more? The people that want to shut down these
foreign adventures, bring our troops home, possibly for deployment on
our borders, or those who are actively planning to expand the war to
Iran, while providing inadequate and defective materiel (not only lack
of armor, but soft M16 barrels that shoot-out in as few as 500 rounds),
insufficient tactical and strategic planning and who are actively
engaging in war profiteering?

As high as the up-front cost of these disasters, debacles, and SNAFUs
are to the front-line troops, the long-term cost to the Republic will
be far higher. We cannot outsource the defense of the country.