David E. Cloud

Default Angle Vise - Cradle vs Pivot Type ?

I suspect that it's kind of like box vs linear ways, but am interested
in other's opinions. I'm refering the the "curved dovetail" vs "bolt
through the end" varieties (the only two I've seen).

Thanks, Dave.

Grant Erwin

David E. Cloud wrote:

I suspect that it's kind of like box vs linear ways, but am interested
in other's opinions. I'm refering the the "curved dovetail" vs "bolt
through the end" varieties (the only two I've seen).

Without *even* looking: ya get what you pay for. The one that's more
expensive everywhere will work better or be easier to use or last longer
or be more rigid or maybe all of the above. The cheaper one will probably
barely able to do the job if you use a lot of skill and care with it.

This is true of so many tools and machines it makes me sick.

Grant

Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
Angle Iron for a loft Jim Stewart Metalworking 1 July 17th 03 11:47 PM
What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 3 July 13th 03 03:56 PM