Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations....

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:09:37 -0800, "Jim Bremer"
wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea where I can get about 50 small specialty bolts
(about an inch and a half long) cast in metal? Just "blanks" I can thread
them. A zinc alloy would be ok, they are not under a large stress.

Please also e-mail me with any suggestions

Thank you!
Jim

Hum...not really enough information, although, if you really
mean "cast" perhaps you also mean "NO" stress. Also, how about
an idea of how big "small" is?
One thing you could do, for example, is pick up some 1/4x20
bolts that are about 3" long. Since these days, they only thread
about an inch of the stock, that would leave you with a nice, 2"
bolt blank. You can also find smaller bolts of the same length...
Regards
Dave Mundt

Roger Shoaf

"Jim Bremer" wrote in message
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea where I can get about 50 small specialty bolts
(about an inch and a half long) cast in metal? Just "blanks" I can

thread
them. A zinc alloy would be ok, they are not under a large stress.

Please also e-mail me with any suggestions

Thank you!
Jim

What kind of bolts (type, size and thread) do you need?

Roger Shoaf

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
Jim sent me this photo:
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/Images/CastBolt.jpg
And mentioned M5 threading. For replacement dashboard components.

Tim

Seems to me the way to get these would not be to cast them but rather to buy
carriage bolts and turn the heads down to the taper required.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.