john smith

Default 604 metal shop question

i want to open my own metal fabrication shop
where can i buy some cheap equipment?
thanks for any replies

Roman.

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:15:45 GMT, "john smith"
wrote:

i want to open my own metal fabrication shop
where can i buy some cheap equipment?
thanks for any replies

Roman.

Guy in the north east named Al Babin sells cheap equipment
expensively.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Craig

"john smith" wrote in message .ca...
i want to open my own metal fabrication shop
where can i buy some cheap equipment?
thanks for any replies

Roman.

Ahh....that's a little like saying you want to be a car dealer. Metal
fabrication covers so many different things that you need to be a bit
more specific as to what type work you want to do. Not trying to be
sarcastic about it...just realistic.

Craig C.

Karl Townsend

wrote:

i want to open my own metal fabrication shop
where can i buy some cheap equipment?
thanks for any replies

You're in luck, this equipment is at an all time low on the used
market. I haven't checked but I bet new equipment is being discounted
also.

Cheapest is an auction, but you've got to spend a lot of time, and be
willing to wait for the piece you want at the right price. Its easy to
get taken if you don't know what you're doing.

Next, consider the used equipment jockeys. The reputable ones can't be
beat. There are some shady ones that make sport out of skinning a
greenhorn. Tell us where you're at and ask for a good one on this NG.

Ebay and the newspaer adds are good sources also.

I've bought from all the above sources - it takes time and work and
patience to find what you want at a good price.

Karl

Bob Paulin

If you truly desire this business to work out, you'll not be seeking
"cheap". It will *always* fail at the most inopportune moment.

Better to search for good, used, quality tools and machinery.

john smith wrote in article
. ..
i want to open my own metal fabrication shop
where can i buy some cheap equipment?
thanks for any replies

Roman.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 02:36 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 22nd 04 12:58 AM
Wiring my new 220 stick welder in my shop Bruce Metalworking 8 July 20th 03 05:16 AM