Default How to make more room in garage

Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

Ed Angell

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.
Just don't worry about it, no matter how much shop space you

have, it's never enough !

Ed Angell

SteveB

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

"Stuff", when put into the dark of a garage is like mice or cats. You come
back, you got more than when you left. It will be impossible to manage, as
"stuff" will propagate to fill available space. Case in point: If you added
500 sf to your garage this evening, it would be full in two weeks.

I would consider a shop, or doing something with those pesky cars.

Steve

Jim L.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

Try using the cube. Mount the welders on a shelf and store" other things"
below them. Jim

steamer

--Car covers are cheap, compared to renting workshop space! ;-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Somehow related
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Lumpy Adams...

jim rozen

In article , Zebee Johnstone says...

No no. Buy 2 motorcycles. They can live in the garage, and if you
choose the right bikes can provide endless reasons to use the tools.

Only problem is, those multiply too!

'88 Kaw KLR250
'78 BMW R100RS
'75 BMW R75/6
'69 BMW R60US
'59 BMW R50

Plus a pickup truck, all in the garage - except for
the oldest bike which is due to get its frame powder
coated soon.

Jim

please reply to:
Erik Litchy

I agree but the motorcycles can be in the living room. Get dark carpet
to hide the oil stains.

only if they are made in milwaukee
SteveF

Carefully disassemble the front of the garage. Add 10 feet to the building.
Put the front back on.

Steve.
Who is just finishing up the design for a new shop at the house he just
bought with a two car garage.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

Charles Morrill

Sure, wait for a nice day, call up some friends, and painstakingly move
everything outside. Keep your eye on the weather and make nice stacks
of everything so you can move it easily. Now right around midday, break
for lunch and have fun looking at all the great stuff in the driveway,
on the lawn, whatever. Then, drive the two cars in gradual-like: one
at a time. If you've got a friend with bagpipes, this goes real well.
Maybe someone else can even bang the drum slowly. Take a picture of
the two cars in the garage, print it up, and have it framed to hang
over your workbench in the garage. Next, pull the two cars out quickly,
and jam all the tools back in.

Charles Morrill

Zebee Johnstone

In rec.crafts.metalworking on 6 Dec 2004 15:30:11 -0800
jim rozen wrote:
In article , Zebee Johnstone says...

No no. Buy 2 motorcycles. They can live in the garage, and if you
choose the right bikes can provide endless reasons to use the tools.

Only problem is, those multiply too!

Of course! You can't stop at just one.

But as someone else said, they can live in the house, try getting a car
through the back door...

Zebee
- 73 Guzzi 74 Guzzi 73 Ducati 76 Yamaha 52 BMW, single garage and the
living room is up 2 flights of stairs...
Ron DeBlock

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:09:54 -0800, stryped wrote:

Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

Build a shed. Move stuff from garage to shed, park cars in garage. Drag
more stuff home, 'cause now you have room for it in the garage. Continue
until garage is full and cars are parked outside again. Repeat.

Scott Moore

steamer wrote:

--Car covers are cheap, compared to renting workshop space! ;-)

Besides, you can't park a mill out on the curb.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
My electronics engineering consulting site: http://www.moorecad.com
ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

Good does not always win. But good is more patient.
jim rozen

In article , DoN. Nichols says...

Otherwise, the only "practical" suggestions I can offer is to think
"up". Look into some manner of "stacking", securing stuff "up" over the
cars when not in use. Make sure it is secure, nothing less fun that having
something fall on the car just before you have to go out.

Especially something like a Bridgeport or a Monarch lathe. :-)

Well think of the alternatives. Would *you* want your car or
truck falling on your 10EE?

Lathe goes on *top*!

Jim

please reply to:
Ron Thompson

Is there a way to make more room in a garage so i can actually park two
cars in it? I have 2 welders, tool box, sand blast cabinet and several
other things.

Consider using the space high up on the walls for storage. Welders,
air compressors and shelves can all be hung high. Although the
compressor is better placed in a "dog house" outside to help eliminate
the noise.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
steamer

Ron Thompson wrote:
: Consider using the space high up on the walls for storage. Welders,
: air compressors and shelves can all be hung high. Although the
: compressor is better placed in a "dog house" outside to help eliminate
: the noise.
--Good advice *unless* you live in earthquake territory. I save
the high shelves for storage of things like hunks of neoprene and foam,
heh.