Justin

Default Mighty Turn Lathe

Greetings All,
I am looking at buying a Mighty Turn 14x40 lathe. I have only
superficially inspected it as yet, but there are no obvious ridges on
the ways, and no obvious scoring. It was definitely dirty, though it
was hard to tell if that was because it had been sitting in a
warehouse for a long time, or because it had been well used. It comes
with a 3-jaw chuck, a steady rest, a quick change toolpost, change
gears, the original toolpost and the like. It does have a 4 hp 3ph
motor.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this brand (I've never heard of it
before), and how much it might be worth depending on condition?

Thanks,
Justin
GTO69RA4

It is a Chinese lathe brought in by a West Coast distributor. I have
never had much respect for them because of the name. Don't have any
experience with them but have disliked them from the first time I saw
the name. Leigh at MarMachine

"Mighty Turn" just doesn't sound right. "Happy Happy Joy Fun Lathe?"

GTO(John)