wallster

Default sorta ot- honda quality!

I picked up this '75 Honda CB360 for $50.00 and i planned on parting it out.
It was laying on it's side in a yard with a bunch of wrecked cars and trucks
around it. I found a set of carbs on ebay and fiddled with it for a couple
days. Well the thing runs and works great! This bike was last inspected in
1986 and it sat outside through the winters of NY and she still runs. I
stuck about $50.00 worth of parts into it just so it looks, runs, and stops
good (and some flat black paint and elbow grease). Any ideas for it would be
appreciated. I was thinking of making it a hill climber and extending the
ass end of it, or just a beater bike for the trails around here.

pic:
http://www.geocities.com/weldingwalt..._360_done1.jpg

walt

jim rozen

In article , wallster says...

I picked up this '75 Honda CB360 for $50.00 and i planned on parting it out.
It was laying on it's side in a yard with a bunch of wrecked cars and trucks
around it. I found a set of carbs on ebay and fiddled with it for a couple
days. Well the thing runs and works great! This bike was last inspected in
1986 and it sat outside through the winters of NY and she still runs. I
stuck about $50.00 worth of parts into it just so it looks, runs, and stops
good (and some flat black paint and elbow grease). Any ideas for it would be
appreciated. I was thinking of making it a hill climber and extending the
ass end of it, or just a beater bike for the trails around here.

pic:
http://www.geocities.com/weldingwalt..._360_done1.jpg

Nice work!! If it were me, I'd just ride the thing back
and forth to work. You can't kill those CB360s.

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:37:26 -0400, "wallster"
wrote:

I picked up this '75 Honda CB360 for $50.00 and i planned on parting it out.
It was laying on it's side in a yard with a bunch of wrecked cars and trucks
around it. I found a set of carbs on ebay and fiddled with it for a couple
days. Well the thing runs and works great! This bike was last inspected in
1986 and it sat outside through the winters of NY and she still runs. I
stuck about $50.00 worth of parts into it just so it looks, runs, and stops
good (and some flat black paint and elbow grease). Any ideas for it would be
appreciated. I was thinking of making it a hill climber and extending the
ass end of it, or just a beater bike for the trails around here.

pic:
http://www.geocities.com/weldingwalt..._360_done1.jpg

walt

Chuckle..Ive got a 73' XL-350 the same way. Runs like a champ after
sitting for about 10 yrs in the sun and rain.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
wallster

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Nice work!! If it were me, I'd just ride the thing back
and forth to work. You can't kill those CB360s.

Jim

Jim, I've got a '91 harley fxr to ride, but between the two mini-choppers
and this bike, the harley just sits there. I dont have a title for the honda
but i know a couple of friends that have cb360 titles, but the bikes are
long gone. I could slap a few lights and a horn on it and head out on the
road, but then i would have to register it and pay even more insurance. I
live in NY so i pay too much now.
My first street bike (when i was 16) was a cb360... you really can't kill
'em!

walt

Gary Brady

Any ideas for it would be
appreciated. I was thinking of making it a hill climber and extending the
ass end of it, or just a beater bike for the trails around here.

Flattracker, maybe?

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

jim rozen

In article , wallster says...

...I could slap a few lights and a horn on it and head out on the
road, but then i would have to register it and pay even more insurance. I
live in NY so i pay too much now.

Small world, I'm in Peekskill. I pay about sixty bucks a year
for my KLR-250 so I bet the CB would be about the same. I find
that I'm taking the kaw for most of my local errands, handles
great and 50 mpg. Dirt roads a bonus!

Jim

please reply to:
wallster

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , wallster says...

...I could slap a few lights and a horn on it and head out on the
road, but then i would have to register it and pay even more insurance. I
live in NY so i pay too much now.

Small world, I'm in Peekskill. I pay about sixty bucks a year
for my KLR-250 so I bet the CB would be about the same. I find
that I'm taking the kaw for most of my local errands, handles
great and 50 mpg. Dirt roads a bonus!

Jim

i'm a little ways from you, just outside of Buffalo. The cb is a cool bike,
i'll use it off road.
walt

Wayne Mak

Jim I am just over the CT state line