Sunworshipper

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 19:01:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:13:41 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:46:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:53:31 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

Seems like I have to work on every Labor Day weekend.

Pobrecito!

Does that mean U2 ?

No, it means, roughly, "Poor little sh*t." in Messican.
I learned many of these essential words and phrases
whilst living in LoCal.

If I could roll my R's I'd go take a class. I always heard it as
porlecito. Got me , they have so many different dialects. If I can't
whine I'd have to hunt the previous crews down.

I just got a call for another major custom after
the fact add on , that was a good 6-8 pools ago. Now I have 3 jobs
that all want to be done or at least on by Tuesday. I can't even get
the tile till then. LOL It may look simple , but it's like rock
climbing and I get tired after 8-10 hrs. and if I keep going longer
hours I'll not wake up for at least the next day. When I flat out
refuse to do a job and say fire me all I get is please. One time I
quit and told him not to call me , I got about 8 more of these are
special people and you have to do it before I got a couple of months
off.

I have some web clients like that. They call at 9pm and
want something done before I go to sleep that night. I
finally get some relief when I go to triple-time billing.
Single from 8-5, double from 5-8p, and triple from 8p-8am.
99% fall off at double, but I'll work an occasional night
for $195/hr. My Jello Page ad finally hit yesterday so I
might be busier in the next year. It'd sure beat starving.
(I'm self-employed and enjoy the feast/famine syndrome)

Do that yourself and it'll pay for part-time helpers while
avoiding employees and the massive headaches which go with
them.

That would be nice , but it won't fly. Triple would be $24 a square
foot. If I could just put myself into doing ****ty fast jobs I'd be
making bucks. I can't see why I can't , might as well everything else
is screwed up. Guess you just have to look the customer in the eye and
say that looks good to me... even though it doesn't. At the job I'm on
now I checked out the walls to tie off the shade and the block wall
moves a good inch and the metal fence next to the park moves 6" each
way. You should see what the deck crew does to my tile ! No, the last
job I had to do a southwest pattern around 4 pilasters and the stucco
guy obviously doesn't own a sponge. Royally messed alot of work up on
a $100K pool. How do they get payed for that???

At the top, Sandia Peak is 10,678', I hiked around for
nearly an hour. On the way down, people were talking about
the altitude and I realized that I wasn't bothered by it
at all. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

That would be nice. Seems like I'm the one to put up 3 strange tents
in the dark when everyone else is bewildered. I'm exhausted getting
out of the car 2 miles up. I might as well stay home even though I
like sea level.

If you have a car, how can you put up tents in the dark?

Hmmm, long story short. The wives' friends had never camped in their
lives and I got drug along and they wanted to leave town at 6:30 pm. I
told them it was a bad idea on a Fri. like this weekend. There were no
camping sites to be had and I searched/found/payed at a party for a
reserved one. There was no way to point the lights where the tents
went. Plus these people had a multi-roomed tent with the wrong poles.
On top of that they were bitching cause I had too many beers and
couldn't improvise fast enough for them while they all basically
watched. Not to mention fixing all the other camping problems.
LOL like fire... Sis says I should love the sheeple...

BTW, you wouldn't want me to really get on a no holes barred rant.
That reminds me I need to look up this old job so I can check it out
tomorrow. I hear they decked it and jack hammered it off and now they
want me to add on to their abortion. I remember this job, they wanted
me to tile around 20' of 2' raised deck with steps that wasn't even
there. I hope the customer is off camping cause he won't be a happy
camper , but not at me at least.

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:22:49 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

wrote:

Pobrecito!

Does that mean U2 ?

No, it means, roughly, "Poor little sh*t." in Messican.
I learned many of these essential words and phrases
whilst living in LoCal.

If I could roll my R's I'd go take a class. I always heard it as
porlecito. Got me , they have so many different dialects. If I can't
whine I'd have to hunt the previous crews down.

I learned LoCal Spanish from a Spain import. She knew all the
nuances--differences between Spain-Spanish and Mexican-Spanish--
and taught us Mexican-Spanish, with hints about Eurospeak. The
"b" is pronounced here and the "r" is rolled. 'Poh Brrrray See Toh'

You'll need that in your next sheetmetal class.
(metal content)

Do that yourself and it'll pay for part-time helpers while
avoiding employees and the massive headaches which go with
them.

That would be nice , but it won't fly. Triple would be $24 a square

It'll fly or someone else will do it and you'll get the rest you
deserve. If you're as good as you sound, some will pay it. But
don't kill yourself for standard pay. When the work load gets too
high, raise rates AND charge enormous overtime rates. Rational
human beings won't pay it and the few rich folks with no sense
and a hurry-up attitude will pay it. But it'll slow down your work
load until more rich Yuppies move into the neighborhood.

foot. If I could just put myself into doing ****ty fast jobs I'd be
making bucks. I can't see why I can't , might as well everything else
is screwed up. Guess you just have to look the customer in the eye and
say that looks good to me... even though it doesn't. At the job I'm on

I can't do that, either. If they want a ****ty job, write up a
disclaimer paper saying they ordered it that way and make them sign
it. It'll help them realize the consequences of their choices.

now I checked out the walls to tie off the shade and the block wall
moves a good inch and the metal fence next to the park moves 6" each
way. You should see what the deck crew does to my tile ! No, the last
job I had to do a southwest pattern around 4 pilasters and the stucco
guy obviously doesn't own a sponge. Royally messed alot of work up on
a $100K pool. How do they get payed for that???

Did you tell the owner that your work would cost more because of the
other guy's poor performance? If not, you need to. It's invariably an
unaware client who allows the jerks to get away with shoddy
performance.

If you have a car, how can you put up tents in the dark?

Hmmm, long story short. The wives' friends had never camped in their
lives and I got drug along and they wanted to leave town at 6:30 pm. I
told them it was a bad idea on a Fri. like this weekend. There were no
camping sites to be had and I searched/found/payed at a party for a
reserved one. There was no way to point the lights where the tents
went. Plus these people had a multi-roomed tent with the wrong poles.
On top of that they were bitching cause I had too many beers and
couldn't improvise fast enough for them while they all basically
watched. Not to mention fixing all the other camping problems.
LOL like fire... Sis says I should love the sheeple...

Love thyself. You allowed yourself to join the herd that weekend.
It might have been worth it if you were the only husband on the
trip. wink wink, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?

BTW, you wouldn't want me to really get on a no holes barred rant.
That reminds me I need to look up this old job so I can check it out
tomorrow. I hear they decked it and jack hammered it off and now they
want me to add on to their abortion. I remember this job, they wanted
me to tile around 20' of 2' raised deck with steps that wasn't even
there. I hope the customer is off camping cause he won't be a happy
camper , but not at me at least.

Are there _inspectors_ in your state?!? G'luck!

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Sunworshipper

Love thyself. You allowed yourself to join the herd that weekend.
It might have been worth it if you were the only husband on the
trip. wink wink, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?

That's about it. The guys I got the camp site from wanted me to stay
and it was really tempting. More like seek elsewhere.

BTW, you wouldn't want me to really get on a no holes barred rant.
That reminds me I need to look up this old job so I can check it out
tomorrow. I hear they decked it and jack hammered it off and now they
want me to add on to their abortion. I remember this job, they wanted
me to tile around 20' of 2' raised deck with steps that wasn't even
there. I hope the customer is off camping cause he won't be a happy
camper , but not at me at least.

Are there _inspectors_ in your state?!? G'luck!

Oh yeah. I got kicked off a job years ago , cause there was no
bonding wire from the rebar of the pool to the equipment. I asked the
guy what it was for and he said so the pool is grounded for lightning
and the lights. ) Like the pool isn't the most grounded thing on
the property ! Plus it doesn't have anything to do with the tile.

It's a joke , they are the ones that screwed up this job. It should
have been shot all at once , but the inspector stopped it. Now its
weaker and the crack will show up in the tile.

One notorious inspector got abused and the war was on , she doesn't do
pools anymore.