Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Russ Wizinsky

Default Conversational vs G code

I went to an interview where the shop manager wanted somebody to run his
Mazaks. That's all the shop had in the place and he had a few. The were
fairly new. I've run Mazaks for probably 4-5 years but I've been doing it
all in G&M code, and if I got stuck I'd use Surfcam. He said he'd prefer
someone who knew Maztrol. I told him it probably wouldn't be a huge deal to
figure out I've used lots of different machines with different controls and
another one had conversational, but he was quite insistant. The stuff they
were doing didn't look like rocket science or anything pretty much, keyways,
a few tapped holes, couple bores. Nothing with compound angles or funky
stuff. Am I thinking wrong about this? I'm going to grab the book from the
place I work at now, they've got a couple Mazaks with it but they never use
it if they didn't throw the manuals in the trash.
Russ