Gunner

Default Glass bedding compound?

I just went looking for the last of my Acroglass bedding compound and
its toast. Im in the middle of doing a bedding job on a utility
Smellie..sigh

Anyone have any recommendations for other compounds that will work and
are available in a small town in the middle of sweet F#ck all?

I may have some BondoGlass, but I need something with about as close
to Zero dimensional changes as possible during the curing stage and
use.

Got any suggestions?

Gunner

It's not unwise to remember that Mother Nature is essentially a
murderous, sneakly, promiscuous bitch who has been trying to kill you
since your conception.

Eventually she will succeed, perhaps with the help of your fellow man.

Life consists in putting off the inevitable as long as possible and
taking what good and joy you can before her success.

Whether you attribute that situation to evolutionary forces, a fallen
nature after Adam and Eve screwed the pooch, or whatever, it's no less true.

Be friendly, pleasant, unaggressive, and honest toward all and be
prepared to ignore, avoid, or even kill anyone who is otherwise toward
you. Being ready doesn't mean eager, just ready. What true friends are
found in life will undestand and accept that fundamental rule of human
interaction." John Husvar
Peter T. Keillor III

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:55:02 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I just went looking for the last of my Acroglass bedding compound and
its toast. Im in the middle of doing a bedding job on a utility
Smellie..sigh

Anyone have any recommendations for other compounds that will work and
are available in a small town in the middle of sweet F#ck all?

I may have some BondoGlass, but I need something with about as close
to Zero dimensional changes as possible during the curing stage and
use.

Got any suggestions?

Gunner

snip sig

Dang, Gunner, with your arsenal, I'd just order some from Brownell's,
and find something else to play with in the meantime.

Pete Keillor
Gunner

wrote:

I just went looking for the last of my Acroglass bedding compound and
its toast. Im in the middle of doing a bedding job on a utility
Smellie..sigh

Anyone have any recommendations for other compounds that will work and
are available in a small town in the middle of sweet F#ck all?

I may have some BondoGlass, but I need something with about as close
to Zero dimensional changes as possible during the curing stage and
use.

Got any suggestions?

Gunner

snip sig

Dang, Gunner, with your arsenal, I'd just order some from Brownell's,
and find something else to play with in the meantime.

Pete Keillor

Arsenal? Pete..I have a very modest Collection. A tiny one. Minute.
Only Several. Much less than a Bunch.

Gunner

It's not unwise to remember that Mother Nature is essentially a
murderous, sneakly, promiscuous bitch who has been trying to kill you
since your conception.

Eventually she will succeed, perhaps with the help of your fellow man.

Life consists in putting off the inevitable as long as possible and
taking what good and joy you can before her success.

Whether you attribute that situation to evolutionary forces, a fallen
nature after Adam and Eve screwed the pooch, or whatever, it's no less true.

Be friendly, pleasant, unaggressive, and honest toward all and be
prepared to ignore, avoid, or even kill anyone who is otherwise toward
you. Being ready doesn't mean eager, just ready. What true friends are
found in life will undestand and accept that fundamental rule of human
interaction." John Husvar

Ted Edwards

Gunner wrote:

I just went looking for the last of my Acroglass bedding compound and
its toast. Im in the middle of doing a bedding job on a utility
Smellie..sigh

Anyone have any recommendations for other compounds that will work and
are available in a small town in the middle of sweet F#ck all?

Epoxies have very little dimensional change on curing. Try one,
preferably liquid that you can mix chopped glass fibre in to get just
the consistency you want. Simonize car wax makes a good release agent
for where you _don't_ want it to stick. Thin teflon sticky tape is even
better.

Ted