Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Cliff Huprich

Default OT - NPR: Don't let the wingers win

(Note: I snipped the prior sigs. Start over on your own G.)

I thought you might be interested adding your signature to this.

I personally think NPR is consistently the best broadcast journalism on
the
air...in any media! "All things Considered" is worth this resource all
by
itself. If you agree, please sign and forward this.

On NPR's Morning Edition last week, Nina Tottenberg said that if the
Supreme Court supports Congress, it is in effect the end of the National
Public Radio (NPR), National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and the Public
Broadcasting System (PBS). PBS, NPR and the arts are facing major
cutbacks
in funding.

In spite of the efforts of each station to reduce spending costs and
streamline their services, some government officials believe that the
funding currently going to these programs is too large a portion of
funding
for something which is seen as not worthwhile.

The only way that our representatives can be aware of the base of
support
for PBS and funding for these types of programs is by making our voices
heard.

Please add your name to this list and forward it to friends who believe
in
what this stands for. This list will be forwarded to the President and
the
Vice President of the United States.

This petition is being passed around the Internet. Please add your name
it so that funding can be maintained for NPR, PBS, and the NEA.

HOW TO SIGN FORWARD: IT'S EASY: Please keep this petition rolling. Do
not
reply to me. Please sign and forward to others to sign.

Please follow your name with your city, state and zip code. Many
elected officials will not consider signatures not thus identified.

If you prefer not to sign, please send to the e-mail address indicated
below.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT DUPLICATES. This is being forwarded to several
people at once to add their names to the petition. It doesn't matter
if many people
receive the same list as the names are being managed. This is for anyone
who thinks NPR, PBS and the NEA is a worthwhile expenditure of
$1.12/year
of their taxes.

If you happen to be the 150th, 200th, 250th, etc., signer of this
petition,
please forward a copy to:

.

This way we can keep track of the lists and organize them. Forward this
everyone you know, and help us to keep these programs alive.

Thank you!

NOTE: It is preferable that you SELECT (highlight) the entirety of this
letter and then COPY it into a new outgoing message, rather than simply
forwarding it. In your new outgoing message, add your name to the
bottom
of the list, and then send it on.

1)