Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cast Iron Cookware Questions (Revisited)

replying to SteveB, Leo wrote:
Chicken did not brown in my cast iron pot. Why?

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ed-370411-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/15/2019 5:18 PM, Leo wrote:
replying to SteveB, Leo wrote:
Chicken did not brown in my cast iron pot.Â* Why?

Â* Not hot enough , obviously .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/15/2019 3:58 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/15/2019 5:18 PM, Leo wrote:
replying to SteveB, Leo wrote:
Chicken did not brown in my cast iron pot.Â* Why?

Â* Not hot enough , obviously .

Could have been too much meat in the pot. I especially find this when
browning stewing beef. If you put it all in at once, a lot of water cooks
out of the beef and cools down the pot. You need to cook it in smaller
batches.

Interesting Cast Iron Cookware Article Erik[_5_] Metalworking 7 February 8th 12 06:17 PM
Black coating on cast iron cookware Christopher Tidy Metalworking 16 January 23rd 08 02:58 AM
Cast iron cookware Q Metalworking 3 March 13th 05 05:02 PM
Req'd: Cast Iron Soil Pipe bracket and Cast Iron>Plastic fittings John Borman UK diy 1 January 9th 05 09:05 PM
Wrought Iron, Cast Alum and Cast Iron Decorative welding Roy Metalworking 7 April 30th 04 08:52 AM