Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bucket Pumps

I have to say, I wish I had bought a couple a long time ago.

I've always felt it was a bit of a chore to fill the machines with way oil
as needed. Three need to be filled every other day, and one needs to be
filled every day if they are running full steam ahead.

Originally I used squeeze bottles and they worked fine without over flowing
the filter screens, but when you are dispending all four machines to start
the day your hand starts to get a little sore. Still I did it for ages
until I got some flip top spouts for gallon jugs. That works ok, but you
have to sit there on the floor behind the machine holding the jug at just
the right angle to fill with the reservoir without over flowing the filter
screens. My hand was fine, but my arm and shoulder would get annoyed with
me.

After I got the bucket pumps I kept filling the gallon jugs thinking the
pumps would fill the the machine reservoirs too fast. Still it was a lot
easier than filling the gallon jugs with a funnel.

DOH! Duh, just move the handle slower. This morning I just walked around
from machine to machine carrying the bucket and tried filling them that way.
It was a breeze. No continuous muscle pressure soreness, and I think the
machines might actually have filled a little faster, because I could easily
speed up or slow down to keep the oil flowing just as fast as it could
without over flowing.

I know. I know. All you guys already knew this was the way to go, but its
one of those little things that just makes me smile. Atleast in part
because I know topping off the way oil in the machines will be that much
less of a chore from now on, and it won't be one I dislike enough to wait
until the low oil alarm starts beeping before I do it anymore.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
[...]

======================================

After a few months you will get tired of carrying the bucket around,
especially a new, full one - might as well order up three more buckets of
oil and pumps now so you can leave a bucket behind each machine ready for
use :-).

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:30:06 -0400
"Carl Ijames" wrote:

snip
After a few months you will get tired of carrying the bucket around,
especially a new, full one - might as well order up three more buckets of
oil and pumps now so you can leave a bucket behind each machine ready for
use :-).

Then he'll have to set the bucket up a little higher than the machine
and run a hose down from it with a shut off on the end...

These things have a way of escalating ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Or fab something like this ....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alemite-025...t/260987324696

---

Antique Wooden Ice Bucket Tennessee Tony Woodworking 10 April 20th 05 08:56 PM
VIKING AGE BUCKET J T Woodworking 0 March 5th 05 08:49 AM
Backhoes and bucket loaders Eric R Snow Metalworking 11 January 26th 05 12:55 AM
Cleaning plaster out of bucket Max UK diy 14 October 4th 04 01:00 PM
OT Five Gallon Bucket Fly Traps Gunner Metalworking 14 September 11th 04 04:33 PM