Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got a Camera if anyone is interested

I picked up a Canon Eos 1n (d) in LA yesterday for a good price. It
has the Kodak DSC 5c digital converter mounted on it. Its basically
a very high end Canon film camera that has been converted to digital.
When digital cameras first came out..this was fairly common.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...dak/index2.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_DCS

It comes with 3 lens, Canon autofocus 20-35 "Ultrasonic", Sigma
50mm autofocus , Canon 50 mm Macro autofocus, Skylite filters for all
three, the charger and the Scsi cable to up/download photos. The
digital section is the 5c.

It doesnt turn on, though the charger seems to be working. Its all
compoents are in excellent cosmetic shape.

Its something of a collectors item these days. Before I put it on
Ebay or have it fixed and then put on Ebay..anyone here interested in
swapping Stuff for it? Ill include all the manuals, paperwork etc etc
that comes with it.

A similar unit...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-KODAK-E...-/331448718143

I was given a Olympus Evolt C-520 that Im learning to use, and could
use additional lenses and whatnot. Its a 4/3 camera, seems to work
well enough and came NOS in the box, and so far has been a lot of fun
to learn and use.

If no one is interested, could anyone suggest a reasonably priced
repair shop to straighten out the electrica issue?

Thanks!

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More HC

Hi Gunner:
Have noticed your depth of knowledge and willingness to share, so I am writing to ask if you have any suggestions for my HC. Just bought it after it had been stored several years. Have everything working including the threader, but the turret revolves with bumps and rumbles (referring to feel here). I suspect it is old, dried grease in the bearings. Any suggestions about freeing it up without a complete disassembly?

Thanks,
Ian Moss
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 22:06:43 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 12:49:50 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi Gunner:
Have noticed your depth of knowledge and willingness to share, so I am writing to ask if you have any suggestions for my HC. Just bought it after it had been stored several years. Have everything working including the threader, but the turret revolves with bumps and rumbles (referring to feel here). I suspect it is old, dried grease in the bearings. Any suggestions about freeing it up without a complete disassembly?

Thanks,
Ian Moss

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with diesel fuel or kerosene and soak the
turret for a day or two. Thats the only way you are going to get the
gunk freed up without pulling the turret off the assembly. Shrug

Its easy to take one apart..and thats what I would do..but..its up to
you. Id simply remove the turret (unbolt the center nut and lift
up)..and there will be a bearing, top and bottom. Clean those, or
better yet replace them with cheap bearings, lube, install and button
it back up again. There isnt much in there...those two bearings are
your problem children and are easy peasy to replace.

+1 on bearing replacement. I never waste time when I feel bearing
grit. Replacement is usually quicker and not much more expensive,
especially if you figure the value of your time into it. My own
experience is with machines and vehicles -other- than HCs, though.

--

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
--Oscar Wilde
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Might cost a total of hummm..$10 for both bearings (or less) and an
hour of the dudes time. But hey...shrug

Gunner