Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Took camera in for firewire repair - now camera doesn't work at all!

I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 3 ago, 08:00, David D wrote:
I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

what don't you know what to do, its not your problem, you are not the
repairman.
it's bloody obvious - tell that place you want it sorting out properly
or you'll take legal action. Your local citizens advice or fair
trading office may advise you. Sounds like a cowboy , there are plenty
of 'board jockeys' out there....

-B

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I wish it were that simple. The time it takes to bring them to small
claims court, money - I am better off trying to get another one off
ebay. I was just hoping to find an electronic place that isn't going
to be expensive. I usually use Mack Camera, but they charge approx
$65.00 just to look at it (including shipping). With a bill of $200+
ontop of that I am closing in on $300.00...

On Aug 3, 11:57 am, b wrote:
On 3 ago, 08:00, David D wrote:

I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

what don't you know what to do, its not your problem, you are not the
repairman.
it's bloody obvious - tell that place you want it sorting out properly
or you'll take legal action. Your local citizens advice or fair
trading office may advise you. Sounds like a cowboy , there are plenty
of 'board jockeys' out there....

-B

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"David D" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

There is the possibility that "he" damaged your camera.

Why two months?

Is the "shop" an authorized Sony repair station? Very important! If it is,
then Sony should help you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The camera wasn't under warranty and Sony wanted a heck of a lot more
money to fix it. The outfit claimed to fix camcorders, so I guess it
was my mistake for trusting it. They did replace two parts and still
couldn't get it working. I was just hoping for a little luck in all
of it. I might have to go with Mack Camera or at this point, try
Ebay, but their prices for 4 year old cameras like this one seem to
have escalated unbelievably considering a new camera cost about
$200.00 (for a point and shoot). If I wasn't replacing it for my
brother, it wouldn't even bother me...

On Aug 3, 5:51 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"David D" wrote in message

ups.com...

I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

There is the possibility that "he" damaged your camera.

Why two months?

Is the "shop" an authorized Sony repair station? Very important! If it is,
then Sony should help you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Mate: You need to make a decision, do you want to follow up with the old
item, challenge the repair company, etc. Or will it be more acceptable to
spend your assets on a newer item.
Either you spend the quid fighting to get the old camera problem resolved,
weither it be sending it directly to SONY or dealing with the repair
facility. Otherwise, drop the coins on a new item and off the old item on
E_Bay to any taker thereby requiting at least a bit of your financial loss.
Maybe a Foster's will help you decide, Eh!!
"David D" wrote in message
oups.com...
The camera wasn't under warranty and Sony wanted a heck of a lot more
money to fix it. The outfit claimed to fix camcorders, so I guess it
was my mistake for trusting it. They did replace two parts and still
couldn't get it working. I was just hoping for a little luck in all
of it. I might have to go with Mack Camera or at this point, try
Ebay, but their prices for 4 year old cameras like this one seem to
have escalated unbelievably considering a new camera cost about
$200.00 (for a point and shoot). If I wasn't replacing it for my
brother, it wouldn't even bother me...

On Aug 3, 5:51 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"David D" wrote in message

ups.com...

I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

There is the possibility that "he" damaged your camera.

Why two months?

Is the "shop" an authorized Sony repair station? Very important! If it
is,
then Sony should help you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have recently heard from http://fletchersite.com/
but the problem is the Email/contact does not work and I don't know
how to get a hold of anybody there! Anybody used them before and have
a 1800 or numbeR?

On Aug 5, 7:22 am, "Art" wrote:
[...]

On Aug 3, 5:51 pm, "Charles" wrote:
"David D" wrote in message

roups.com...

I don;t know what to do now, took my TRV38 Sony into a shop for
replace/repair of firewire - 2 months later, he can't get the camera
to work at all, doesn't power up or recharge battery. I am at a loss
what to do....

There is the possibility that "he" damaged your camera.

Why two months?

Is the "shop" an authorized Sony repair station? Very important! If it
is,
then Sony should help you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Maybe a Foster's will help you decide, Eh!!

Or Molson's, more likely...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article .net, SparkyGuy wrote:
Maybe a Foster's will help you decide, Eh!!

Or Molson's, more likely...

Golden?

grge
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:18:38 -0700, SparkyGuy wrote:

Maybe a Foster's will help you decide, Eh!!

Or Molson's, more likely...

Pass a Molson XXX this way please.

Wouldn`t you rather have beer?

Ducks