Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More HC

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 12:49:50 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi Gunner:
Have noticed your depth of knowledge and willingness to share, so I am writing to ask if you have any suggestions for my HC. Just bought it after it had been stored several years. Have everything working including the threader, but the turret revolves with bumps and rumbles (referring to feel here). I suspect it is old, dried grease in the bearings. Any suggestions about freeing it up without a complete disassembly?

Thanks,
Ian Moss

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with diesel fuel or kerosene and soak the
turret for a day or two. Thats the only way you are going to get the
gunk freed up without pulling the turret off the assembly. Shrug

Its easy to take one apart..and thats what I would do..but..its up to
you. Id simply remove the turret (unbolt the center nut and lift
up)..and there will be a bearing, top and bottom. Clean those, or
better yet replace them with cheap bearings, lube, install and button
it back up again. There isnt much in there...those two bearings are
your problem children and are easy peasy to replace.

Gunner