Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How long do abrasive blasting gun nozzles last

I have a sandblasting gun like this:

https://store.snapon.com/Blast-Syste...t-P666709.aspx

I have a couple of boxes of nozzles for it, that happen to fit
perfectly. They are hardened steel nozzles.

My question is, how many hours of blasting do these nozzles last? I
want to understand how many do I need and maybe I can sell the excess,
as they seem to be selling for $18 each at McMaster-Carr.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus19111 wrote:
I have a sandblasting gun like this:

https://store.snapon.com/Blast-Syste...t-P666709.aspx

I have a couple of boxes of nozzles for it, that happen to fit
perfectly. They are hardened steel nozzles.

My question is, how many hours of blasting do these nozzles last? I
want to understand how many do I need and maybe I can sell the excess,
as they seem to be selling for $18 each at McMaster-Carr.

Keep 'em . You'll use them eventually , and if you sell these you'll be
buying them back for more later .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-12-11, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ignoramus19111 wrote:
I have a sandblasting gun like this:

https://store.snapon.com/Blast-Syste...t-P666709.aspx

I have a couple of boxes of nozzles for it, that happen to fit
perfectly. They are hardened steel nozzles.

My question is, how many hours of blasting do these nozzles last? I
want to understand how many do I need and maybe I can sell the excess,
as they seem to be selling for $18 each at McMaster-Carr.

Keep 'em . You'll use them eventually , and if you sell these you'll be
buying them back for more later .

I have like 100 of them. But, I guess you are right, cannot have too
many.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:12:02 -0600, Ignoramus23641

On 2015-12-11, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ignoramus19111 wrote:
I have a sandblasting gun like this:

https://store.snapon.com/Blast-Syste...t-P666709.aspx

I have a couple of boxes of nozzles for it, that happen to fit
perfectly. They are hardened steel nozzles.

My question is, how many hours of blasting do these nozzles last? I
want to understand how many do I need and maybe I can sell the excess,
as they seem to be selling for $18 each at McMaster-Carr.

Keep 'em . You'll use them eventually , and if you sell these you'll be
buying them back for more later .

I have like 100 of them. But, I guess you are right, cannot have too
many.

From what I have read, steel nozzles are eaten up much more quickly
than ceramic, so your stock isn't that long-lived, Ig.

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-12-11, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ignoramus19111 wrote:
I have a sandblasting gun like this:

https://store.snapon.com/Blast-Syste...t-P666709.aspx

I have a couple of boxes of nozzles for it, that happen to fit
perfectly. They are hardened steel nozzles.

My question is, how many hours of blasting do these nozzles last? I
want to understand how many do I need and maybe I can sell the excess,
as they seem to be selling for $18 each at McMaster-Carr.

Keep 'em . You'll use them eventually , and if you sell these you'll be
buying them back for more later .

I have like 100 of them. But, I guess you are right, cannot have too
many.

From what I have read, steel nozzles are eaten up much more quickly
than ceramic, so your stock isn't that long-lived, Ig.

True indeed. My gun has Carbide lined nozzles..and even they wear down
over 5-6 yrs with my usage

What loc-line nozzles do you use for coolant Ignoramus32079 Metalworking 2 August 4th 10 06:02 AM
woodworm: ? company using long spray nozzles RobertL UK diy 19 January 9th 09 09:50 PM
Spray can nozzles Stuart & Kathryn Fields Metalworking 38 July 18th 08 12:47 AM
Spare sealant nozzles? Jon[_3_] UK diy 8 March 15th 08 11:48 AM
sprinkler nozzles not interchangable? Mikepier Home Repair 7 June 15th 05 11:29 PM