Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A welder for dummies

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:01:00 PM UTC-8, slow eddy wrote:

No, I'm sorry to say I didn't have time. I spent a lot of time with
Miller and Lincoln Electric. There were 525 exhibits in the welding
section and I was like a one-armed paper hanger. d8-)

--
slow eddy.

It's not about knowledge for slow eddy. Instead, it's all about keeping advertisers happy. slow eddy did what he has always done: He got on his knees and sucked advertiser dick.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:09:52 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:01:00 PM UTC-8, slow eddy wrote:

No, I'm sorry to say I didn't have time. I spent a lot of time with
Miller and Lincoln Electric. There were 525 exhibits in the welding
section and I was like a one-armed paper hanger. d8-)

--
slow eddy.

It's not about knowledge for slow eddy. Instead, it's all about keeping advertisers happy. slow eddy did what he has always done: He got on his knees and sucked advertiser dick.

Some day, if you live that long, you may find out that advertisers
only buy advertising in magazines that have a proven readership, and
they only stay with them if they produce inquiries that lead to sales.
With digital magazines, where every inquiry is a click-through that
advertisers count by the source, there is no way to fake it and
nowhere to hide. You either have the right readers or you don't. It's
brutal.

Claiming "members" on a blog or a LinkedIn group, when your activity
really is very light, doesn't cut it. That's the difference between a
publication that contains information that people want to read for the
sake of their business, and a bitch session around a virtual water
cooler.

I really doubt if you'll ever get it, but it's the reason you will
never do anything with your writing. You can bitch, and get on a
bitching bandwagon, and ride it all around the Internet, and you'll
still be broke -- because there's nothing to your group except a
chance to blow off some steam about how everyone else is stupid while
you're so smart. It means nothing much. It's worth nothing much. And
that's what you'll always get out of it.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 3:29:46 PM UTC-8, slow eddy lied and failed: