Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:32:45 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/24/2015 8:59 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 18:13:07 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/20/2015 2:36 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Gunner

You know the point I'm trying to make, don't fight me.

Yeah..I know the point. I believe that its wrong. But then..Im old
school..where we had guns next to the door, loaded guns..and the kids
were trained to not screw with them. Personal responsibility has to
be taught from the nipple onwards.

Most kids in the suburbs have never seen a real gun. My kids would have
had early training but I wouldn't trust their relatives or friends.
Most of my very large family (65 first cousins) are uber liberal and
anti gun...thus untrustworthy...and probably untrainable.

Dayum, I only have 45. Not very many liberals, though.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 05:55:22 -0700
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:15:59 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:36:17 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 01:12:14 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/19/2015 9:03 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Idiocracy Happens. The laws are in the books already, so there is no
need to add to the existing 20,000 laws, right?

BTW, any parent who doesn't introduce their very young children to
guns should also be whupped upside the haid. Familiarity reduces
accidents.

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

I know, safes cost tens of thousands of dollars, so why waste the money?

Actually..big safes cost many thousands of dollars. How much for one
that will hold 77 rifles and handguns?

Got steel plate and a welder, son? wink, wink, nudge, nudge

You seem to be forgetting I dont live in a residence with a concrete
slab as a foundation. Its a manufactured home..which is pretty damned
close to a mobile home. Now...I could build a subfloor..or pour one
rather....want to come down and crawl under my place, build a form and
then have the 'crete pumped in, for me? Do ya?

When he's done there, I've double wide in need of some foundation
work too.
--
pyotr
Job creation and destruction are both relentless.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/26/2015 7:20 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

Most kids in the suburbs have never seen a real gun. My kids would have
had early training but I wouldn't trust their relatives or friends.
Most of my very large family (65 first cousins) are uber liberal and
anti gun...thus untrustworthy...and probably untrainable.

Dayum, I only have 45. Not very many liberals, though.

Pete Keillor

Wanna' trade some? Any of them good bakers?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:18:03 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/26/2015 7:20 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

Most kids in the suburbs have never seen a real gun. My kids would have
had early training but I wouldn't trust their relatives or friends.
Most of my very large family (65 first cousins) are uber liberal and
anti gun...thus untrustworthy...and probably untrainable.

Dayum, I only have 45. Not very many liberals, though.

Pete Keillor

Wanna' trade some? Any of them good bakers?

You know what they say, you can't pick family. Mostly, I like my
family. They're my rednecks.
And yeah, a lot of us are really good cooks, although I don't bake any
more, myself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/27/2015 8:28 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

You know what they say, you can't pick family. Mostly, I like my
family. They're my rednecks.
And yeah, a lot of us are really good cooks, although I don't bake any
more, myself.

Cooking is art, baking is science!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 10/27/2015 8:28 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

You know what they say, you can't pick family. Mostly, I like my
family. They're my rednecks.
And yeah, a lot of us are really good cooks, although I don't bake
any
more, myself.

Cooking is art, baking is science!

I've been looking for some suitable inexpensive insulation for my
folding Coleman camp oven that will let it heat above 200F atop the
woodstove. So far it has a sheet of Felpro gasketing draped over the
top and sides that gets it to 270F, by thermocouple probe, but the
stuff won't take accidental direct contact with the stove at 600+
degrees.

Naturally I don't want a fibrous or friable material that can get into
the food.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/29/2015 9:34 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 10/27/2015 8:28 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

You know what they say, you can't pick family. Mostly, I like my
family. They're my rednecks.
And yeah, a lot of us are really good cooks, although I don't bake
any
more, myself.

Cooking is art, baking is science!

I've been looking for some suitable inexpensive insulation for my
folding Coleman camp oven that will let it heat above 200F atop the
woodstove. So far it has a sheet of Felpro gasketing draped over the
top and sides that gets it to 270F, by thermocouple probe, but the
stuff won't take accidental direct contact with the stove at 600+
degrees.

Naturally I don't want a fibrous or friable material that can get into
the food.

-jsw

Asbestos shingles might work. Insulating fire brick would work.