Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Even More Reasons Why Chris Christie Is An Asshole

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-...against-trains

"But the bias against the common good goes deeper, into the very cortex of the imagination. This was exemplified by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's decision, a few short years ago, to cancel the planned train tunnel under the Hudson. No good reason could be found for this--most of the money would have been supplied by the federal government, it was obviously in the long-term interests of the people of New Jersey, and it was exactly the kind of wise thing that, a hundred years ago, allowed the region to blossom. Christie was making what was purely a gesture toward the national Republican Party, in the same spirit as supporting a right-to-life amendment. We won't build a tunnel for trains we obviously need because, if we did, people would use it and then think better of the people who built it. That is the logic in a nutshell, and logic it seems to be, until you get to its end, when it becomes an absurdity."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 6:33:35 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "John Doe" failed again:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 8:01:39 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

Actually Fat-Ass stole the money from the federal government and used it to finance other unrelated highway projects (google Pulaski Skyway), allowing him to say to people in that neighborhood, "See, I fixed your broken-down highway!" The fear among thinking people in NJ now is that Uncle Sam will call in his marker and Christie has emptied the cookie jar (sorry for the mixed metaphor). The money is spent, and the much-needed tunnel has been scrapped.

The fortunate thing for the rest of the country is that he has a snowball's chance in hell of being elected President. Even though the investigation is nowhere near concluded, it's increasingly obvious that the "bridgegate" crap originated in the highest levels of his office. One of his top people has confessed and turned state's evidence, and at least two others are under indictment. So far.

So, Either Fat-Ass knew about it all along, or he is the worst manager EVER.. Remember, he has claimed over and over that HE is in charge of his office and that HE micromanages it all the time. For for something of this magnitude to have happened right under his nose without his knowledge simply doesn't pass the laugh test.

jpb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 16 May 2015 20:20:10 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

Actually Fat-Ass stole the money from the federal government...

Hey, it's not nice to call Chris Crisco a "fat-ass." It's more like
hydrogenated vegetable oil.

If we fleshed and rendered him, we probably could power Bergen County
for a week on the rendered fat. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking