Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why I am a Climate Change Skeptic

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 4:26:49 AM UTC-4, Just Wondering wrote:
On 3/27/2015 11:49 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 3/27/2015 7:24 PM, news13 wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 03:06:02 -0400, Scout wrote:

"news13" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:41:04 +0000, One Party System wrote:

news13 wrote in

Ok, to clarify, you are spewing meaningless jabber and nothing of
scientific plausibility.

So you're not prepared for the zombie plague?

I thought it was already taking place.

After all, people seem to be getting dumber and dumber each decade.

Perspective; people are just as capable in their environments as they
always were. The problem from older person's viewpoint is that they are
not as capable in the environment thery encountered.

No, there is a measurable deterioration of standards from every
generation to the next. I'm 62, and I have a university degree from an
accredited university. My mother would be 93 if alive, and I know for
certain she had to work harder and master more difficult subjects, and
more of them, when she graduated from high school and headed to
university. And I know I had to work harder and master more difficult
subjects than any Gen X / Gen Y or Millennial has done.

In days gone by, educated people were truly educated. They
studied philosophy, rhetoric, mathematics, foreign languages,
and they learned to think critically. What passes for "education"
today in university is narrow technical instruction, at best;

Or, if you're a liberal arts major, you learn the first century
AD had only 99 years and to ask "do you want fries with that?"

You are trying to guess and quantify and qualify what is taught before and during college now and in the past and that's impossible.