Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Branding Irons

I want to make a small branding iron to mark my bee hives , and am looking
for suggestions for what /how to do that . I was thinking about using
something like 1/16 x 1/2 inch iron , but am unsure whether to heat and bend
to shape or to weld small strips . There will be at least one shape that
must be bent , the number 2 . I have a logo designed , consists of a nested
A and W , with a 1 & a 2 in the vees of the W for "The 12 Acre Wood" . It's
been suggested to bend it up from heavy wire , but I'm not sure that'll be
rigid enough to get a uniform imprint on the flat wood surfaces . Any
alternative suggestions ?
--
Snag