Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stainless and aluminum

Were the metals of choice today . I've been modifying parts for a SB
install in a 1957 Chevy for a friend (he restores cars for a living) . They
want to use the old front stud motor mounts with a modern bracketry set up
for alternator , A/C , etc and the parts needed some machining . So I
shortened four spacers to accomodate the mount plates , modified a SS bolt
head to clear the mount spacers , and milled a semi-circular relief in one
of the brackets . Oh , also made a pair of SS spacers for the mount studs
because of the other changes . A nice little job that made beer money ...
and good will .
The guy that owns the car runs the semi-local drag strip , and tons of
people are going to see our work . Might get both my friend and I some more
work ...

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:17:35 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Were the metals of choice today . I've been modifying parts for a SB
install in a 1957 Chevy for a friend (he restores cars for a living) . They
want to use the old front stud motor mounts with a modern bracketry set up
for alternator , A/C , etc and the parts needed some machining . So I
shortened four spacers to accomodate the mount plates , modified a SS bolt
head to clear the mount spacers , and milled a semi-circular relief in one
of the brackets . Oh , also made a pair of SS spacers for the mount studs
because of the other changes . A nice little job that made beer money ...
and good will .
The guy that owns the car runs the semi-local drag strip , and tons of
people are going to see our work . Might get both my friend and I some more
work ...

^ 5!!!!

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke