Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machine tool rebuilder source.

I've got a Clausing 5310 lathe that's in need of a rebuild. Was wondering if anyone knew of any good machine tool rebuilders within ~200 miles of Charlotte, NC?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:29:07 -0800 (PST), 56Pan
wrote:

I've got a Clausing 5310 lathe that's in need of a rebuild. Was wondering if anyone knew of any good machine tool rebuilders within ~200 miles of Charlotte, NC?

Depending on whats involved in the "rebuild"...it may cost $2000-3000
by the time you are done having the ways scrapped etc etc etc.

If you hunt around..you can buy a decent replacement machine for
$1000-1500

Just a heads up...shrug

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'd be willing to pay the $2,000-$3,000 for the job, Gunner. That's what was quoted to me about 5 yrs. ago when I talked to a fellow about it in SC. Just retired and I have the time to see to this now, and that fellow just does service calls on machines and no rebuilds at his home anymore. The only other guy I talked to since told me $10,000-$15,000 and that dog won't hunt.. I'm still looking. I believe some parts for this machine are still available from Clausing, though, but are gold plated. Thanks for the input.