Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
56Pan 56Pan is offline

Default Machine tool rebuilder source.

I'd be willing to pay the $2,000-$3,000 for the job, Gunner. That's what was quoted to me about 5 yrs. ago when I talked to a fellow about it in SC. Just retired and I have the time to see to this now, and that fellow just does service calls on machines and no rebuilds at his home anymore. The only other guy I talked to since told me $10,000-$15,000 and that dog won't hunt.. I'm still looking. I believe some parts for this machine are still available from Clausing, though, but are gold plated. Thanks for the input.