Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MiniArc 130?-110vt stick welder

replying to Gunner , Denny wrote:
gunner wrote:

Going back to the 110vt stick welder topic..I was installing some
powered chain hoists over the last few days on existing chainhoist
tracks and needed to weld up some cable supports and whatnot out of 2x
1/4" L steel. Was working ok with my Weldpack 100 until I ran out of
wire..(damn..thought there was more on the spool..sigh)...and as I was
working on a manlift 15' off the floor..a big machine (customer has
several) was out of the question. So he dug out an Airco "MiniArc 130",
110vt stick welder. With 3/32 6013..that little ******* was a Pleasure
to use. Must be inverter based as its quite light, but Airco has long
been out of business.
Anyone know who made this welder? Has an amps dial on the front, and an
off/on switch on the back..and thats all the controls it has. DC welder
Bout 5x6x20" long, black front, maybe red underpaint which leads me to
think Lincoln..but didnt think Airco had any rebadged Lincolns.
There is a picture of one here...

http://www.artmetal.com/enrique//wro...essie/weld.JPG
Id LOVE to find one, or an equivelant.
And yes..it had more than enough oomph to turn a stick of 3/32 bright
red when I stuck the rod in the puddle a little too deep and was getting
very nice penetration in the 1/4" L and the 8" I-beam I was welding them
to. So a (good) 110vt stick welder will suit my purposes nicely.
Gunner
Political Correctness
A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I just happen to stumble on this site as I searched the net for an Airco
Mini 130. I have one that I bought over 20 years ago. Great machine. I
used it mostly for tig on stainless tubing and it still works as good as
new. If anyone out there is interested it's for sale. You can contact me
at
Denny

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...der-38357-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

gunner wrote:

[...]

Airco's arc welding products were bought by ESAB sometime in the '80s.

Here's the operator's manual for the ESAB Miniarc 150 (it's a PDF):

http://tinyurl.com/pbu53ee

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There is a picture of one here...

http://www.artmetal.com/enrique//wro...essie/weld.JPG

That photo is far too small to be useful but the general outline looks
like my Harbor Freight 240 volt inverter welder. Sweet little
machine. I got mine on sale for $149. I think the price has doubled
now.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m wrote:

There is a picture of one here...

http://www.artmetal.com/enrique//wro...essie/weld.JPG

That photo is far too small to be useful but the general outline looks
like my Harbor Freight 240 volt inverter welder. Sweet little
machine. I got mine on sale for $149. I think the price has doubled
now.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.fluxeon.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

I used one that was labled Airco

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...99967411797682

Worked rather well for a 110vt machine. It was about 10 or more years
old back in 2008 when I used it

Here is a thread on it..may help

Its either a Esab or a Miller Maxstar

http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...der-38357-.htm

IRRC..it was an Esab machine

An early version of this one IRRC

http://www.amazon.com/0558101694-Min.../dp/B008S0OFB4

Some discussion on other similar machines

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...V-DC-TIG-STICK

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 04:51:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Anyone have an operators manual (or link) for the Airco Mini 130?

Try this

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ijbgx67w...anual.pdf?dl=0

IRRC..its for the 130

Not sure why you want a manual...they are about as simple a machine as
can be found. I enjoyed using one for a number of years...

gunner wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 Jun 2016 08:28:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 04:51:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Anyone have an operators manual (or link) for the Airco Mini 130?

Try this

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ijbgx67w...anual.pdf?dl=0

Sorry..wrong manual...thats for the old Miller/Airco 300. Dont bother
downloading it unless you need it.

Esab bought out or made many of the Airco machines, so I suspect that
you can find that manual via Esab.

Gunner