Jim Stewart

Default Looking to buy a new tig/stick welder

Since I can't seem to find a used one for $9.95,
I'm looking for a new tig welder. I really
like the specs and reviews that the Thermal Arc
Pro-wave 185TSW is getting. I'd like to keep
the price under $2000 and the power in the 200
amp range.

Are there any other competitors to the Thermal
Arc that I should look at?

What's a good auto-darkening helmet for a reasonable
price?

Albert1234

Yeah, rub it in some more.

"Ignoramus18928" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:18:31 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:
Since I can't seem to find a used one for $9.95,
I'm looking for a new tig welder.

Just in case if you are alluding to me... My CyberTig 200 actually
cost me $19.99. $9.99 was my winning bid, but I gave the seller extra
$10 simply because he was so nice and helpful and gave me a remote
control.

helmets. I have used Harbor Freight autodarkening adjustable
helmet and so far, it is working fine.

I really
like the specs and reviews that the Thermal Arc
Pro-wave 185TSW is getting. I'd like to keep
the price under $2000 and the power in the 200
amp range.

Are there any other competitors to the Thermal
Arc that I should look at?

What's a good auto-darkening helmet for a reasonable
price?

Don Foreman

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:30:06 GMT, Ignoramus18928
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:18:31 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
Since I can't seem to find a used one for $9.95,
I'm looking for a new tig welder.

Just in case if you are alluding to me... My CyberTig 200 actually
cost me $19.99. $9.99 was my winning bid, but I gave the seller extra
$10 simply because he was so nice and helpful and gave me a remote
control.

You are definitely good at finding bargains. How about helping Jim
find one in exchange for some welding instruction?

Per previous comment re MIG: It is indeed possible for a beginner
to make "pretty" welds with no strength using MIG. It is also
possible to make ugly welds with some strength with stick. Neither
is a good weld. Beginners don't make good welds, but they'll be
making good welds sooner with MIG (and some instruction) than they
will with stick. Both take practice.