Don Foreman

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:30:06 GMT, Ignoramus18928
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:18:31 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
Since I can't seem to find a used one for $9.95,
I'm looking for a new tig welder.

Just in case if you are alluding to me... My CyberTig 200 actually
cost me $19.99. $9.99 was my winning bid, but I gave the seller extra
$10 simply because he was so nice and helpful and gave me a remote
control.

You are definitely good at finding bargains. How about helping Jim
find one in exchange for some welding instruction?

Per previous comment re MIG: It is indeed possible for a beginner
to make "pretty" welds with no strength using MIG. It is also
possible to make ugly welds with some strength with stick. Neither
is a good weld. Beginners don't make good welds, but they'll be
making good welds sooner with MIG (and some instruction) than they
will with stick. Both take practice.