Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Major Announcement From Autodesk CEO Carl Bass

All software, for all students, for all teachers to be free was just announced at Autodesk University by CEO Carl Bass.

This will put a ton of pressure on CADCAM companies who should have been doing this a decade ago.

See my LinkedIn group for all the details.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:31:00 PM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:
All software, for all students, for all teachers to be free was
just announced at Autodesk University by CEO Carl Bass.

I was listening to NPR maybe two weeks ago and they said that (regarding 3D printers) the first 3D printer was installed in the International Space Station.

-- http://tinyurl.com/qzy4cre
(Washington Post)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
http://tinyurl.com/qzy4cre
(Washington Post)

Actually it is the Second 3-D printer to make the ISS. The first one
was to experience it and get the ideas flowing. The second one actually
can make metal parts as well as plastic.

I have a nice large 3-D myself. It is a handful to tote but
not so bad in design. I also have a nice 3-D scanning laser unit. :-)

Martin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This group needs less political bull**** and more CNC home shop machinists.