Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hole saw slug ejector - slick as boiled owl snot

Hi all -

not really metalworking but sometimes there's an overlap...

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across this hole-saw with
a slug ejector that's one of those forehead slapping 'why didn't I think
of this' things...

This is a hole-saw that has a slug ejector with a reverse thread so when
you are finished drilling out whatever (drywall, sheet goods, etc.) just
reverse the drill and the slug is pushed out.

They have a video demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZXtu1G8lw
but skip all the introductory stuff and go to about 2:16 and see it work.

Only drawback is it appears to use proprietary hole saw cups and maybe
not available in a wide variety of sizes.

I have no connection whatsoever with this company, it just looked like a
cool product. (video was uploaded in 2011, has had only about 200 views
so it may be history by now.)

Carla

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." ~ Howard Aiken

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:45:09 -0700, Carla Fong
wrote:

Hi all -

not really metalworking but sometimes there's an overlap...

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across this hole-saw with
a slug ejector that's one of those forehead slapping 'why didn't I think
of this' things...

I like it! I do a lot of doors, so plug ejection is a real issue and
takes considerable time. My quickest fix has been to screw a drywall
screw into the plug and unscrew the plug off the bit.

This is a hole-saw that has a slug ejector with a reverse thread so when
you are finished drilling out whatever (drywall, sheet goods, etc.) just
reverse the drill and the slug is pushed out.

They have a video demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZXtu1G8lw
but skip all the introductory stuff and go to about 2:16 and see it work.

Yes, PLEASE fast-forward. It's painful.

Only drawback is it appears to use proprietary hole saw cups and maybe
not available in a wide variety of sizes.

I have no connection whatsoever with this company, it just looked like a
cool product. (video was uploaded in 2011, has had only about 200 views
so it may be history by now.)

Au contraire, mon amie! http://www.holesawbuddy.com/ the jamb-free
(sic) ejector.

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." ~ Howard Aiken

Har!

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The web page counter was over 16k so the volume is going there.

Martin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

(if the webmaster didn't -start- the count at 15,990...)