Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hole saw slug ejector - slick as boiled owl snot

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:45:09 -0700, Carla Fong
wrote:

Hi all -

not really metalworking but sometimes there's an overlap...

I was looking at some youtube videos and came across this hole-saw with
a slug ejector that's one of those forehead slapping 'why didn't I think
of this' things...

I like it! I do a lot of doors, so plug ejection is a real issue and
takes considerable time. My quickest fix has been to screw a drywall
screw into the plug and unscrew the plug off the bit.

This is a hole-saw that has a slug ejector with a reverse thread so when
you are finished drilling out whatever (drywall, sheet goods, etc.) just
reverse the drill and the slug is pushed out.

They have a video demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZXtu1G8lw
but skip all the introductory stuff and go to about 2:16 and see it work.

Yes, PLEASE fast-forward. It's painful.

Only drawback is it appears to use proprietary hole saw cups and maybe
not available in a wide variety of sizes.

I have no connection whatsoever with this company, it just looked like a
cool product. (video was uploaded in 2011, has had only about 200 views
so it may be history by now.)

Au contraire, mon amie! http://www.holesawbuddy.com/ the jamb-free
(sic) ejector.

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." ~ Howard Aiken

Har!

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying